Over 7000 MTA Race maps

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Um Hi,

I scanned all these maps with AVG Anti-Spyware. I found 2 problems with the maps champion805.map and bender 1.0.map

The threat is named Heuristic.Win32.Morphine-Crypted

I have no idea if it is harmful or not I thought i'd just let someone know about it.

Um Hi,

I scanned all these maps with AVG Anti-Spyware. I found 2 problems with the maps champion805.map and bender 1.0.map

I have no idea if it is harmful or not I thought i'd just let someone know about it.

You can just ignore that. XML markup map files can not contain malicious code. And even if they did it could not harm you because of the way MTA is parsing it.

• 2 weeks later...
Um Hi,

You can just ignore that. XML markup map files can not contain malicious code. And even if they did it could not harm you because of the way MTA is parsing it.

There are actually two infected files as mentioned. Only the numerically-named maps are true race maps (7000 files)- there are also a few other "map" files (with alphanumeric names) that are differing file formats - Wav, Zip and EXE - two of which are infected. I'm not sure how these other files have turned up - maybe people tried to upload viruses to the old centre maliciously.

But thanks for the maps - I have been looking for them. I don't suppose anyone has some kind of data table that contains the original names ? (from the original centre/website for example). I'd write a quick script to rename them all and re-upload if so.

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, I just registered this account to get some information about a map from this pack, because someone is selling them.. (don't wanna tell, until i'm conformed)

So, this 7000 map pack contains a map called "smeden"

Can somebody tell me who made this ? I've got a screenshot of it.

mtascreen0001up0.jpg

If you know who made this, please reply here!

Thankyou

Rafay

• 3 months later...
Hi guys, I just registered this account to get some information about a map from this pack, because someone is selling them.. (don't wanna tell, until i'm conformed)

So, this 7000 map pack contains a map called "smeden"

Can somebody tell me who made this ? I've got a screenshot of it.

mtascreen0001up0.jpg

If you know who made this, please reply here!

Thankyou

Rafay

The Original Map is Called *Turds Adventure* and It Was Made by Smeden :mrgreen:

• 1 month later...
A batch race map converter (for MTA:SA dp2.x and beyond) has recently been released (by arc_) so you can now easily transform your favourite Race maps into resources that are ready to be played in MTA:SA by using the race resource. The converter will be included in the final 1.0 installer as an additional switchover tool for people that are still using MTA:SA Race.
A batch race map converter (for MTA:SA dp2.x and beyond) has recently been released (by arc_) so you can now easily transform your favourite Race maps into resources that are ready to be played in MTA:SA by using the race resource. The converter will be included in the final 1.0 installer as an additional switchover tool for people that are still using MTA:SA Race.

Had already found a tool similar to that one.

• 3 years later...