Option to enable Police

Xucas

for a two player game :

Ok ... synching the police and army etc ... could prove very expensive bandwidth wise, but what if i play with a single friend ... maybe that woudn't be a too big a price to pay would it ? so ... if it would prove viable, could there be an option to enable the law inforcement ? i mean i'm asking this ... but i don't really know what kind of development there has been this subject-wise...

but if it could be implemented ... there would be two options ... everybody would be a fugitive from the police ... or the player that kills would ...

this would only work if there was a way to get a wanted level ... i mean ... without traffic, or ai players walking(driving ) around, how does one get a big wanted level cause if u kill 1, 2 ... 3 human players eventually you will get put down ... so the wanted level will return to 0 ... oh well i bet there is somebody around here that could give a good opinion for a 2 player game with ai...

• 2 weeks later...
  • MTA Team

The problem with syncing traffic and other stuff is that it is to dificult to sync the traffic from all PC's so you need to sync it of 1 PC to all the others. But when that PC drops down you got a problem. The only solution left is letting the server do everything. To do this the server needs to know the map and needs to be able to move actors on it. So the server would almost need to be capable of running the game. At this moment we have a server of a few kilobytes which can run on almost any pc. For what you guys want you need a lot of extra disk space and a powerfull pc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a powerfull pc for a server and if its not enough, i can also go to my church where we are going to get a dual zeon(within a couple of weeks!). So power is not an issue. Plus my friends and I always plan on a lan for speed so bandwidth is no problem either. Please think about releasing two versions: one without all the bandwidth hogging stuff for the internet, and one with the bandwidth hogging stuff for lans. Just a suggestion.

LAN PARTY'S ROCK. HAVE YOU BEEN TO ONE?