People are not taking advantage of MTA

Do you agree?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree?

• Yes
    • No

well our server is waiting for dp3 we can't do much without peds unfortunately, But as soon as it's done I am sure that it will draw some players away from free roam and offer another choice.

Edit: although if dp3 does come out soon i cannot promise that you will see our mode finished, I have exams and coursework to do as well

also samp stopped supporting the community (no more forums no more irc)... maybe a chance for us?

also maybe when LVP (Las Venturas Playground) is finished they'll bring a lot of players from samp. but I don't know what they are doing right now.

On my [MgC]DM Server i run the Freeroam script from arc and it is always busy day and night. I personally find it boring but the only reason i do run it is because i found if i changed it to another map it stayed empty for days until i changed it back and i don't pay to keep an empty server lol

There is a lack of unique modes out there for the moment and i would love to be able to make one but i am utterly useless at scripting so that doesn't help lol

In time i think it will pick up and become very popular indeed.

Looking around and playing on some of the servers, i get the feeling that there isn't really one server that fully uses the awesome potential of MTA:DM at the moment.

Most servers just run the same boring freeroam scripts. With a bit of hard work, some truely awesome scripts and servers could be created, the developers have provided a platform that gives huge creative freedom to server owners, however most owners just run similar, empty servers.

Do you guys agree?

You played on simbaddezeeman server?

I guess the point is that having one server that 'fully uses the potential of MTA' is not very helpful. 99% of our players are not going to play on that server. This is why admins making their own scripts and keeping them private can make the whole of MTA suffer. Sure, your players will come to you for a unique experience, but the 99% of players who pick another random server for their First Game will end up playing freeroam and quite possibly really hate the experience...

I think we already gave many players a bad impression when they first tried mtadm. I have a friend met in samp, I made her install mtadm and we played a littlebit on a freeroam server, but she told me she didn't like it because it was boring. I understand what she means, cuz in freeroam servers you spawn in random places most time and don't get the feeling of being in a community. many people want a littlebit rules instead of complete freedom. that being said, we have to think of a way to reverse the bad impressions we have made, and ask them to try some alternative gamemodes.

I believe the best way is to implement RPG servers as soon as possible, they help to build a community and KEEP the players, because of the character development aspect such as money making. when people have put effort in a game and made some progress, they are more likely to stay. Then, RPG servers get boring after some time, and people take short breaks from these servers and play some fast paced fun games like the "protect the president" in samp, and then return to the RPG server to hang out with friends. So after the RPG servers we need minigame servers as well, they are like the seasonings in food. in reality many different types of servers work together in keeping player interested, they are unseparatable pieces in a puzzle.

We at SAES have run an RPG server, have done since release.

Currently, it isn't as good as we would like, but suffices for now.

We have a long term project in development, which will be full RPG, with membership to play on the server, but this will not be implemented until a) it's done, b) we have a big enough community.

I'm sure there are many other servers with plans, and that given time, the 'experience' will improve.

It's early days, give it a few months and then revisit this thread.

how are you going to get a "big community" without implementing a good finished server? it's not like back in the days any more when multiplayer for GTA just came out, when people were curious and would try anything. you really have to push it with hardwork nowadays.

We at SAES have run an RPG server, have done since release.

Currently, it isn't as good as we would like, but suffices for now.

We have a long term project in development, which will be full RPG, with membership to play on the server, but this will not be implemented until a) it's done, b) we have a big enough community.

I'm sure there are many other servers with plans, and that given time, the 'experience' will improve.

It's early days, give it a few months and then revisit this thread.

heh give me a couple of hours to get my mode on our server rocks tbh

Just my two cents, but I felt the long wait for DP1's release has something to do with MTA not being taken advantage of. Of course, there have been some points about game modes and scripts being the cause of it, but it seems silly how MTA doesn't have it's own established game mode of it's own.

For instance, MTA 0.5 came with deathmatch and stunt, but in MTA SA DM DP2 you only have the same character spawning in the same area. SA-MP had the same issue when it first came out all the way back in 2006, but perhaps the early release helped developers contain the knowledge needed to craft game modes and scripts to attract players.

Since MTA is apparently in it's preview stage, you can only wait until MTA matures a bit or when scripters with successful servers start releasing their scripts public.

The problem is, there are more people playing race than mtadm.... so we need those race people to come to MTADM, BUT, the race aspect of mtadm isnt very good, aka, all the bugs listed before as well as items not being movable, and barrells not exploding. so in order to get 100+ more people instantly to swap to mtadm, is to fix race....

ALSO. to talidan and the others that played my maps, im looking at getting my friend to script it, if not ill send them to you guys if you want, i think they'll be good. however the problem is when i convert them from race to DM i lose alot of the objects, they dont load, its like the object limit is 100 or something. and its really bad, ruins EVERYTHING...so, maybe have a look into that :\.

but yeah basically,

fix race, get better maps (modes are fine) (most seem half assed and not very good....)

:). need to convert them sa-mpers

I have an idea. How about we all go over to the sa-mp forums and servers and advertise MTA by saying that sa-mp sucks and MTA is 100x better because it has better sinc, more script possibilities with the servers, and will be having peds soon.
I have an idea. How about we all go over to the sa-mp forums and servers and advertise MTA by saying that sa-mp sucks and MTA is 100x better because it has better sinc, more script possibilities with the servers, and will be having peds soon.

And it would be nice if we all started cheating on SA-MP and it would be difficult for admins to ban us all :D

Erm... nope.

Regardless of your view of Kyeman/SAMP, that is not a good way to deal with it.

And about MTA having better sync... that isn't strictly true, in MTA, players become"desycned" where they will not take dmg more often than in SAMP.

Anyway, this is an MTA forum, so lets talk about MTA, not SAMP.

Hmm I forgot about the damage desync, but what I meant to say is that everything else is synced much smoother than before(ie. the car doesn't move glitchy when you are in a passenger seat).

Back to MTA, I think things will improve with the introduction of peds in DP3. I can't wait to see what people will do with them on their servers.

yea you know what ?

everyone is going to talk a shit about MTA, when GTA4 is released on computer finally.

Told you ever since, MTA-Team isnt gonna make it until GTA4 is out - won the bet, huh?

And where the fuck is dp3? does it take another half-year?

:(

sux.

if GTA4 has scripting ability which surpasses the power you get in MTADM then yes I'd switch to that. but unfortunately. oh and the multiplayer mode in gta4 can get old fast. also GTA4 is not GTA any more, it's Mafia in Liberty City