MTA San Andreas Exploit

Guest Mr-Chill

Hi,

I run a MTA:Sa server hosted by a company...

But the server crashed so much!

This comes trought a exploit...

is there allready a solution for?!

Plz help me with this problem!

Running the server on linux, but i can run him too on windows.

Regards,

Mr-Chill

• 2 weeks later...

This mainly comes down to the kind of resources you are running.

MTA is still beta software and contains bugs - these arent necessarilly exploits. I would imagine the crashes are due to a gamemode or script bug. Do you run any special resources on your server?

Feel free to report any crashes that you can reproduce in our bugs section.

Hi,

Thanks for answering!

I run a script and when the server is crashing evrery player will be kicked for "high ping" (every player got ping of 1020 than)

Strange...

I have exactly the same problem. I banned his IP, DNS and Subnet. But still he can put the server down. His player name is: :::MaFaKa::: and he can put the server down at any moment.

I now asked my hosting to block his IP-adress in the firewall, lets see of it will help. Are there other things that I can do?

EDIT: I'm 90% sure that your server is going down by the same person! And I'm talking about MTA:SA Race

NLCJ

Hey,

EDITED

It is a very simple attack. UDP flood to the MTA Server's client port. What I have done is added many rules in my firewalls and coded a very simple Linux bash script to check every second and firewall the ips accordingly. You could also just add some rules into iptables dropping all packets with a certain length.

Cya,

Tommis