Really Dissappointed.

Guest Mouke

I open another topic about it, I know.

Why MTA Team don't make that MTA Race works on Vista ?

I tryed MTA:DM, and I prefere MTA Race. I don't have an XP Licence, and I won't illegally download it just for MTA. All my team is on Race, I don't want to play alone. You don't even fix the bugs on MTA Race. It's not because you're not a sold game that you don't have to let your game get fucked like it.

Too bad.... MTA is a good game, but we all must have the same hardware and software to use it..... If we're not on Windows XP, if we don't have an Nvidia ou ATI graphic card, we can't play (my friend has a VIA graphic card, it's powerful enough but it doesn't work). Too bad.... I spent many good games on MTA:Race..... Now, i'll play something else, because the devs are too lazy to make something good until the end. Even MTA:DM is frozen now in DP2... Maybe the Stable will be available in 4years.

By the way, it's a luck that there is another mod. SAMP team seems to do something more than you...

So wait, did you get rid of XP and then switch to Vista? Because you said you had many good times in Race, which means you would have had XP at some time... So why can't you go back to XP (you should still own it ya?)

Anyway, there's a race mode in MTA:DM which can be changed around through scripting. It works almost the same exact way that MTA:Race worked and even has more options. I know some people still play the old Race mod, but I don't know why they don't just switch to MTA:DM since it can still do race mode :?

I came on Vista because I changed my computer, and gave my old computer to the daughter of my father's friend. I gave her the XP licence (which were buy with the computer). I bought Vista with my computer. I can't get back the licence because I don't have it anymore. And I like Vista.

Let me tell you why i don't go on DM.

First of all: I couldn't make a MTA:DM server because the new way of configuration is harder than for MTA Race.

Than, all my friends are on MTA:Race, and we have our server on MTA:Race, our habitual players......

MTA:DM's Race mod is bugged, especially with spawns points.

MTA:DM has some downgrade since MTA:Race, like using a gamepad.

I'm really dissappointed, because the team know what to do. And I think, with the number of ask from gamers. It's a shame to cannot play to our favorite game because we upgraded our computers. MTA:DM is a good game, but if we prefere MTA:Race, why the MTA Team don't want to fix the bug ? Or at least, give to the community what it need to fix it.

I came on Vista because I changed my computer, and gave my old computer to the daughter of my father's friend. I gave her the XP licence (which were buy with the computer). I bought Vista with my computer. I can't get back the licence because I don't have it anymore. And I like Vista.

Let me tell you why i don't go on DM.

1*First of all: I couldn't make a MTA:DM server because the new way of configuration is harder than for MTA Race.

2*Than, all my friends are on MTA:Race, and we have our server on MTA:Race, our habitual players......

3*MTA:DM's Race mod is bugged, especially with spawns points.

4*MTA:DM has some downgrade since MTA:Race, like using a gamepad.

I'm really dissappointed, because the team know what to do. And I think, with the number of ask from gamers. It's a shame to cannot play to our favorite game because we upgraded our computers. MTA:DM is a good game, but if we prefere MTA:Race, why the MTA Team don't want to fix the bug ? Or at least, give to the community what it need to fix it.

1- It's not really that much harder to configure, this is only something you need to get used to, but I personally adapted it fast enough.

2- Dunno what to say m8, either they move to DM or you move to Race (by getting XP again).

3-That depends on the script, some servers have well scripted Race mode and some maybe not as god (it got much better since DP2 came out though)

4- That might come in the future but most people just got used to playing on keyboard. I played all GTA's on the PS2 first and then on the PC and I actually prefer it on mouse/keyboard most of the time.

The team is obviously going to fix things for the majority of the community, which is probably now on DM, and with every new release, it'll get better. I know it sucks for you if you still prefer race but unless the team wants to release a patch for Race then you'll have to adapt yourself. I can't help you since I'm just another fan like you, but I say give MTA:DM another shot, the race mode in it is actually quite good and you'll get used to the differences :)

2: You dunno understand... They don't want to go on MTA:DM. They tested it, they didn't like it. Go on XP ? Yeah, give me the money to buy it.

All I see is that the team forget Race because DM is "out" (it's not even a stable version)...... Imagine if everybody do it.. Vista is out since 1year, but XP is still updated, for example. Ok, MTA team don't have commercials obligations like Microsoft, but even Linuxians Distributions don't do it.

You bought a new computer and you can't afford XP? That doesn't really add up pal :|

And let's say you did get a copy of XP, you can always dual boot your PC by having a separate partition for XP/Vista so you'd have them both :)

Aside from getting XP yourself there's not much else you can do but wait and hope, or get your friends to give MA:DM another shot (the race mode has gotten much more stable for it). Also, I'm sure that the MTA team would work on Race if they could but they are kind of caught up on DM now which is capable of doing everything race could and more. Your 2 options are either to adapt somehow or to keep waiting, I'd personally go with adaptation :wink:

even if he got xp he cannot install it coz Vista doesnt allow you to install older windowses than vista itself he can install xp then vista but not vista then xp i got vista and im not happy with it coz vista is really slow in transfer :P

You can but my computer came with vista but without the cd :P so icannot make it on separate partitions i think the issue is the client.dll because when u rename/delete the client.dll u can get to the servers but no furtehre u cant get on and play :P so if mta woudl fix the dll meaby it woudl work xD

• 3 weeks later...