Duplicate Copies of the Game

Guest Vindication

I have two computers hooked up through a lan, I have the full bought version of the game. Can I play legitimate (un-warezed) versions of the game next to each other? So far I haven't had much luck with no cds and whatnot, though I haven't tried burning a copy of the PLAY disk. I really own the game, I just don't want to go out and fork over the cash for another copy just so I can play this awesome mod with my brother.

I know I'm going to get flamed for stealing in this thread...this seems to be a bit more of an upper cut of people than warez forums, but as I'm sure you can appreciate I'm just trying to get the most out of a product I own.

Thankee Kindly

Edited by Guest

if you've got kazaa... :D:twisted: .. you can download the myth version of gta3...totaly works...the only two things it dousn't have is no movies and no radio...but you can always add your music in... 8)

i've tried to burn gta3 play disc myself...but i had no luck :x

i was jus wonderin.... do u really have two good video cards for both computers??? :roll:

• MTA Team

It depends on the © in place. There are manufacturers who allow 1 copy by the same owner. Making of copies is not illegal in fact. It becomes illegal when 2 copys of the same product are used at the same time. The no cd cracks are legal as well. They are there to increase comfort. Unfortunatly they can be used for illegal stuff as well.

the problem with the myth version is that it can't load saved games, a problem I've heard of before. That is, unless you know of a way to fix that?

And I can't find any no-cd hacks that work, do you know of any?

• MTA Team
the problem with the myth version is that it can't load saved games, a problem I've heard of before. That is, unless you know of a way to fix that?

come on guys, no warez.

The savegame problem comes from a bad crack, a new version was distributed 2 days later

As far as I know here in the Netherlands (I don't know about other countries) it is allowed to make a copy of a game to play multiplayer, a copy becomes illegal if you have a copy but you do not own the original.

I have heard that this is the reason why "some website with cracks which allow you to copy games" is legal. But I don't know for sure. :roll:

actually, if you search KaZaA (use Lite... no spyware :D:wink: ) you'll find a fix for that. The saved game problem actually also occured in the retail version, but the 1.1 patch fixed it. The MYTH fix is sort of a hacked 1.1 patch.

thanks me, that worked like a charm and we're enjoying this mod! welll...actually it crashes like the dickens, but yeah, enjoying!

I've got a nvidia2 GTS in each, no biggy.

You can actucaly get the ISO (BIN) version from Kazaa, Both CD's Music and Install.

A ISO or BIN file that is basicaly the same as a cd. You can convert a CD to a ISO file with some programs, the only diffrence between it and a CD (or DVD ) is that it is on your hard drive ( software) not actucaly in your cdrom drive. Daemon tools is a program that tricks your computer to think that you have another CD/DVD rom drive and you can attach the ISO to it so it will make your PC think that GTA3install CD is in your computer.

A rip game or ripped game is a game that hase been edited to make the file size smaller. They might of got rid of the movied and music and maby Ziped the game to try and make it smaller.

To burn a game useing daemon tools all you need is a burner and the rite software (somthing that lets u burn cd's) Than you just do a CD to CD burner thing and it will burn from your "fake cd drive" to the cd and... well now you have a more or less real version of GTA3

I hoped this helped, Im not very good at explaining things but ohwell

BYE!

you could get the .iso with clonecd (it takes about an hour to rip because of the copy protection, depending on your cdrom) and use clonedrive to play it on one system. that way you get to use both at the same time, and have sound.

remember, its only illegal if you get caught..Which will never happen unless you selling copies at a computer show or something. If you ever afraid of ppl yelling at you about warez. Claim you bought it, hey its the internet. Maybe I'll care one day about stealing software when I'm selling it, but in general ppl dont really care(nor can they do much neways). Rockstar gets enuf money from console lamers neways.......<---- yes consoles ARE lame.

remember, its only illegal if you get caught..Which will never happen unless you selling copies at a computer show or something. If you ever afraid of ppl yelling at you about warez. Claim you bought it, hey its the internet. Maybe I'll care one day about stealing software when I'm selling it, but in general ppl dont really care(nor can they do much neways). Rockstar gets enuf money from console lamers neways.......<---- yes consoles ARE lame.

It's always illegal, even if you're not caught, I only copy games because I think 50 euro's is too much for a single game. Yet I didn't anyone who had GTA3 so in the end I just bought it, and I never regret that. :D

Rockstar gets enuf money from console lamers neways.......<---- yes consoles ARE lame.

hah! um to rival your quote consoles aren't lame! If you think so u r lame.......why? Most of the code for GTA3 is jsut ripped from the PS2 version. In fact they stil left the memory card codes......and another thing most games on PC are mostly non action (where the users needs fast reaction with there input or be able to perform complicated commands), with the exception of FPS, where as consoles leads the way on platformer style, fighting games and any other response intensive based games. Consoles uses a more responsive and intuitive form of inputs (they use a controller). PC's basically use the mouse and keyboard for fuctions (great for FPSes). Both are great but the consolers are actually the ones who tend to spend more money on their software. They are the ones who keep the industry alive. Yes they can pirate games also but it usually doesnt happen till the end of the consoles life not as oppose to the PC when the game first comes out. Take that u evil evil man(or women, drag, thing, missing link, whatever). And before you speak such words again think before you trigger.................Later

(All quotes are the sole reponsibility of the er....quoter. None of the quotes above reflect the image nor do are they the oppinion of this webtsite. Read at own risk.)

if you've got kazaa... :D:twisted: .. you can download the myth version of gta3...totaly works...the only two things it dousn't have is no movies and no radio...but you can always add your music in... 8)

i've tried to burn gta3 play disc myself...but i had no luck :x

i was jus wonderin.... do u really have two good video cards for both computers??? :roll:

How about you do something SMART and listen up.

Patch to version 1.1. It doesnt need any cracks because it only needs a play disk, and a BURNT ONE WORKS. Jebus you guys are silly.

Get the patch for gta3_product_shot_sm.jpg at http://www.take2games.com/index.php?p=s ... on=patches

actually, if you search KaZaA (use Lite... no spyware :D:wink: ) you'll find a fix for that. The saved game problem actually also occured in the retail version, but the 1.1 patch fixed it. The MYTH fix is sort of a hacked 1.1 patch.

1.1 doesn't require the real cd. Also, lite has spyware. visit http://www.lavasoftusa.com and download adaware, i bet you got loads.

Only thing lite does is stops cydoor (a spyware program required for lite to run) from downloading most of its banners.

Rockstar gets enuf money from console lamers neways.......<---- yes consoles ARE lame.

hah! um to rival your quote consoles aren't lame! If you think so u r lame.......why? Most of the code for GTA3 is jsut ripped from the PS2 version. In fact they stil left the memory card codes......and another thing most games on PC are mostly non action (where the users needs fast reaction with there input or be able to perform complicated commands), with the exception of FPS, where as consoles leads the way on platformer style, fighting games and any other response intensive based games. Consoles uses a more responsive and intuitive form of inputs (they use a controller). PC's basically use the mouse and keyboard for fuctions (great for FPSes). Both are great but the consolers are actually the ones who tend to spend more money on their software. They are the ones who keep the industry alive. Yes they can pirate games also but it usually doesnt happen till the end of the consoles life not as oppose to the PC when the game first comes out. Take that u evil evil man(or women, drag, thing, missing link, whatever). And before you speak such words again think before you trigger.................Later

(All quotes are the sole reponsibility of the er....quoter. None of the quotes above reflect the image nor do are they the oppinion of this webtsite. Read at own risk.)

If you're so lame to require a controller, you can buy a converter from liksang and hook up your ps2 controller to your pc that way. Its just nice to hit Shift 5 and Shift 3 and LOCK my car doors and make my car SOLID GRANITE! And i can MOD gta3! OMFG!!! lets see you do that on a playstation.

"THIS GAME WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED FOR PLAYSTATION 2"

Oh, is that the reason GTA, GTA2, GTA3, and GTAVC were ALL released on PC?

Unreal Tournament 2003 = Unreal Championship.

Splinter cell came to X-Box, THEN pc, THEN ps2. Oh, consoles are SO DAMN IMPORTANT? then why did PC come before ps2? For reasons your simple mind wont understand. And because this is just too fun, I'll leave some stuff for other people to correct you about.

"And now you know, the rest of the story, Good day!"

the thing is, consoles are taking over, cause all us pc guys have this thing called "the internet" where we can all download games for free. this makes the developers sad :( , so they went over to the consoles, where it's a heck of a lot harder to pirate. now all the cool games like gta3 are coming out on console, and if they sell enough copies, then they'll go to pc.

I's a depressing trend, resulting in me still waiting for vice city.

If you're so lame to require a controller, you can buy a converter from liksang and hook up your ps2 controller to your pc that way. Its just nice to hit Shift 5 and Shift 3 and LOCK my car doors and make my car SOLID GRANITE! And i can MOD gta3! OMFG!!! lets see you do that on a playstation.

"THIS GAME WAS ORIGINALLY INTENDED FOR PLAYSTATION 2"

Oh, is that the reason GTA, GTA2, GTA3, and GTAVC were ALL released on PC?

Unreal Tournament 2003 = Unreal Championship.

Splinter cell came to X-Box, THEN pc, THEN ps2. Oh, consoles are SO DAMN IMPORTANT? then why did PC come before ps2? For reasons your simple mind wont understand. And because this is just too fun, I'll leave some stuff for other people to correct you about.

"And now you know, the rest of the story, Good day!"

Hey dipstick.......for one I did not part sides. I love them both. 2: I have multiple PSX controllers hook up to my PC. 3: Vice City is not yet released on PC yet...(they better not just do a lame port of the ps2 codes again, we want more optimization for the PC specific version). 4: what the hell you mean by "then why did PC come before PS"?!? i don't get what your tryin to say......5: To correct you on the controller issue.....some games require the controller more than others while specific genres cannot be played without the keyboard and mouse......i in the other hand use a controller and mouse to play GTA3 on the PC (yeah i see you scratch'n your noggins)....and 6: have a nice day ;)

ps you had know clue in what i wrote earlier....i think u should read it carefully first before responding.....to any post you may think of responding to.

ps2 if your too inclined....just read the above post before this one....he tells a part in it too.....oh now you may have a nice day.....ohh wait.......nah for later......yes this is fun ,no?!?

• 1 month later...