Some Train questions and problems!

XetaQuake

hi :)

i want to have a train on the railroads, and it works, i can drive the train on the railroads.

but i have some questions:

1. how can i set the train "immortal" ? when i shoot a little bit with the AK on the train, it is damaged and i can´t drive the train because its damaged....

2. how can i prevent that the train derailment when i drive to fast?

3. how can i attach trailers to the train? i can spawn trailers but It is only possible to drive TRAILERS! :lol:

and than there is a big bug with the train: i can´t drive to the first city!

on two points in the map, the train engine stop :shock:, here a exactly the two points where my playericon is:

stoppingtrainyv4.jpg

(when imageshack.us is offline, here is a mirror http://www.xup.in/dl,13782919/stopping-train.jpg )

the "stop-bug" its not so important for me, because the gameplay plays in Las Venturas on the server

i hope for some answers :)

1. how can i set the train "immortal" ? when i shoot a little bit with the AK on the train, it is damaged and i can´t drive the train because its damaged....

In my experience, if you are inside the train, there is nothing which can touch you. No damage occurs whatsoever to the player in the train or the train.

2. how can i prevent that the train derailment when i drive to fast?

Slow down.

3. how can i attach trailers to the train? i can spawn trailers but It is only possible to drive TRAILERS!

Not sure we can attach trailers to the train. they spawn through each other and they make no contact with each other, so I wouldnt expect so.

The train's seem at the moment very buggy indeed, but I wouldnt see them putting this as a priority to be "fixed". Im sure GTA itself has limitations. As for the train stopping at the two points, I can only imagine this is a GTA bug.

Ive had bugs where the train comes off the tracks completly and flies in a direct line through everything in its path. Trains doing this tend to disappear completly. And the other completly wierd one is where the player, when exiting the train gets "folded" in half. Thats just freaky.

yea thanks for answer, but now i am sure i dont use the train, sometimes i crashing on my test server when a train is in the spawn list, and yesterday, i spawned a train on the server and 70% of the clients crashed!

train is very buggy and dangerous, because the PC crashed!

i hope that the train can be fixed in the future, when not, don't care

Edited by Guest

The stopping is because the client thinks you haven't completed the game yet. Just like in single player, you can't drive out of LS (or into it), this could probably be fixed by the MTA team.

Personally I don't think trains are that buggy at all... I have one spawned on my (test)server, and when players connect to that, everything goes well. Also I've been playing on big freeroam servers, with about 20 trains spawned, and no one crashed because of them. But indeed, they can use quite some polishing, it's just not a high priority what concerns me. Although it would be great to be able to define waypoints for the trains yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes like he said earlier, I have yet to understand why, but depending on where you spawn the train, you gain more or less access to the city. There is a position where you can spawn a train wich will do the Whole map without ever flying off-tracks. It just depends from where you spawn it.

Also for your bug, I have myself trains that spawns in my Server and I have discovered that if your spawnpoint is too:

1) Angle not fitting

2) Distant from the rail

you raise the chances of desyncronisation and even crash. The best thing is to spawn a car or something at the location until you are sure its near perfection (X, Y ANDD!!! Y and the Angle too). Then simply replace your car by the Train.

Concerning the Trailers (Wagons), I have a theory: I believe that since the game isn't ment to spawn more than one train at the same time, neither be attached/detached to a trailer, the game doesn't have any function or system for dealing with train collision or in-game trailer interaction. I think the best way would be to copy the game's SP and try to find a way to spawn a train that is Allready attached to its trailers. I think it would be easier than trying to recreate the whole collision or interacting process of multi-trains.

Yes I know it can, I myself have many trains spawned at the same time. But GTA (Single Player) is not MENT to support many trains at the same time. And my theory is that its for that simple reason that the game hasen't included any type of collision function or interaction system between TWO Trains. Wich would explain why they run through each other like ghosts.

And yes, I ment "X", "Y" & "Z" :P

I'll open a report about the LS entrance/exit problem.

I haven't tried that, but maybe you can fix it using setPlayerStat function to make you game progress (PROGRESS_MADE, TOTAL_PROGRESS or CITIES_PASSED) 100% so the enter/exit problem may not occur because the game will think you passed the missions and you can use rails to other cities? Try it and reply here.

• 2 weeks later...

not really a fix but a work around

i found a script called airbrake which is like no clip for vehicles in mta

if you use it in the train you never derail and can drive all the way around the track

here u go

local thisResourceRoot = getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()) 

function activateBreak ( ) 
    if  ( carbreak ) then 
        carbreak = nil 
        setGravity ( 0.008 ) 
        removeEventHandler ( "onClientRender", getLocalPlayer(), checkBreak ) 
    else 
        carbreak = 1 
        local vehicle = getPlayerOccupiedVehicle ( getLocalPlayer() ) 
        setElementVelocity ( vehicle, 0, 0, 0 ) 
        setGravity ( 0.0002 ) 
        addEventHandler ( "onClientRender", getLocalPlayer(), checkBreak ) 
    end 
end 
addCommandHandler ( "airbrake" , activateBreak ) 

function thisResourceStart () 
    bindKey ( "f9", "down", activateBreak, "AirBreakDance" ) 
end 

function checkBreak() 
    if isPlayerInVehicle (getLocalPlayer()) then 
        local vehicle = getPlayerOccupiedVehicle ( getLocalPlayer() ) 
        setElementVelocity ( vehicle, 0, 0, 0 ) 
        local px, py, pz = getElementPosition ( vehicle ) 
        local rx, ry, rz = getVehicleRotation ( vehicle ) 
        setVehicleRotation ( vehicle, 0, 0, rz) 
        if ( getKeyState ( "num_8") ) then 
            local x = (2)*math.cos((rz+90)*math.pi/180) 
            local y = (2)*math.sin((rz+90)*math.pi/180) 
            local nx = px + x 
            local ny = py + y 
            setElementPosition ( vehicle, nx, ny, pz ) 
        end 
        if ( getKeyState ( "num_5") ) then       
            local x = (-2)*math.cos((rz+90)*math.pi/180) 
            local y = (-2)*math.sin((rz+90)*math.pi/180) 
            local nx = px + x 
            local ny = py + y 
            setElementPosition ( vehicle, nx, ny, pz ) 
        end  
        if ( getKeyState ( "num_4") ) then       
            setVehicleRotation ( vehicle, 0, 0, rz + 5) 
        end  
        if ( getKeyState ( "num_6") ) then       
            setVehicleRotation ( vehicle, 0, 0, rz - 5) 
        end 
        if ( getKeyState ( "num_add") ) then         
            setElementPosition ( vehicle, px, py, pz + 2) 
        end 
        if ( getKeyState ( "num_sub") ) then         
            setElementPosition ( vehicle, px, py, pz - 2) 
        end 
    end 
end 

addEventHandler ( "onClientResourceStart", thisResourceRoot, thisResourceStart ) 

dont know if this will help but my son quite likes it as he likes driving the trains

• 9 months later...