DODO DUEL! (but for SA)

paul527

Damn why doesn't someone code a replica of Dodo Duel from MTA:GTA3 for MTA:SA:DM?

My idea was to have it be as close as possible to the original, this includes:

:arrow: using the same weapons: the shotgun, pistol, flamethrower, uzi, and AK-47

(although i might exclude the AK-47 and UZI because I rarely saw players use these. Usually I saw players using the pistol and occasionally the flamethrower and shotgun)

:arrow: make all players be Claude Speed, or let them choose between classic Liberty City Triads, Columbian Cartel, LCPD Police, and Southside Hoods (of course you could just find similar skins from SA's skins)

:arrow: use Dodo airplanes only, no exceptions

:arrow: find a nice hilltop similar to the Mafia Mansion's hilltop, or, just import the same scenery straight from gta3!

tell me what ya think, or if it's already been suggested for San Andrea DM

lol have Dodo's killing each other... it will just Wipe the race out again

nono you don't understand how this mode works. Players who are standing on the hilltop try to shoot the dodos flying overhead, while simultaneously the pilots of the dodos are trying to strike the players on the hill with their planes.

• 4 weeks later...

why not try it whit the RC Barons, and those bomb beneath it( like in the mission that you have to save Zerro's rc shop)??

Try to kill the people on ground whit the bombs, while the people on ground try to shoot you..

that would be fun :D

It wouldn't be the same really, you'd need to use a plane that was similar in physical movement to the one in GTAIII. Also the Dodo in SA doesn't speed up as much as the GTAIII one.

I have my doubts over the weapons though, I'm sure the flamethrower wasn't really used back in the day and it was mainly the other guns.

• 2 weeks later...
I have my doubts over the weapons though, I'm sure the flamethrower wasn't really used back in the day and it was mainly the other guns.

Yeah, the flamethrower was rare, it was mainly the shotgun and pistol.

And for everyone else reading this topic, unless you have played the original MTA Dodo Duel, then do not post suggestions please. I want people like Spitfire and Phillip who have played the original to suggest ideas that would recreate a classic. There's time for invention later. We need to make a replica first.

Would be cool to see this again, but i feel that the art of flying the gta3 dodo was an integral part of dodo duels.

Yeah, it really was. I remember when I first learned to fly that Dodo, it was like riding a bike, and like riding a bike, you never forget. Oh well, I think I might just join a GTAIII:MTA0.5 server and try it again there. Instead of posting this suggestion, I should try posting a Dodo Duel event in the forum...(or maybe someone else could?)

Flying the dodo in SA is a joke.

true dat.

Would be cool to see this again, but i feel that the art of flying the gta3 dodo was an integral part of dodo duels.

Yeah, it really was. I remember when I first learned to fly that Dodo, it was like riding a bike, and like riding a bike, you never forget. Oh well, I think I might just join a GTAIII:MTA0.5 server and try it again there. Instead of posting this suggestion, I should try posting a Dodo Duel event in the forum...(or maybe someone else could?)

Flying the dodo in SA is a joke.

true dat.

Would be cool to see this again, but i feel that the art of flying the gta3 dodo was an integral part of dodo duels. Flying the dodo in SA is a joke.

We have the handling functions in DP3, but i guess recreating the gta3 dodo handling would be pretty hard, im not sure how far different the handling.cfg file is between gta3 and SA.

Flying the gta3 dodo was something that took true skill.

Would be cool to see this again, but i feel that the art of flying the gta3 dodo was an integral part of dodo duels. Flying the dodo in SA is a joke.

We have the handling functions in DP3, but i guess recreating the gta3 dodo handling would be pretty hard, im not sure how far different the handling.cfg file is between gta3 and SA.

And we have a lot of skilled people amongst the community. I am sure someone will be able to recreate the gta3 handling.

And we have a lot of skilled people amongst the community. I am sure someone will be able to recreate the gta3 handling.

In SA, planes have an additional section of values in the handling.cfg, unfortunately DP3 does not yet have functions to set these.

Here is a copypaste of the extra values for planes:

ThrustFallOff     YawStab           Roll            Pitch       FormLift        GearUpR   WindMult  MoveRes         TurnRes.y           SpeedRes.x      SpeedRes.z 
             Thrust          Yaw              SideSlip       RollStab        PitchStab       AttackLift   GearDownL              TurnRes.x       TurnRes.z           SpeedRes.y 

In SA, planes have an additional section of values in the handling.cfg, unfortunately DP3 does not yet have functions to set these.

Here is a copypaste of the extra values for planes:

ThrustFallOff     YawStab           Roll            Pitch       FormLift        GearUpR   WindMult  MoveRes         TurnRes.y           SpeedRes.x      SpeedRes.z             Thrust          Yaw              SideSlip       RollStab        PitchStab       AttackLift   GearDownL              TurnRes.x       TurnRes.z           SpeedRes.y

Yes, we, LCK, VCK, and others will be there to train new players. Btw I guess this thread kindof sets up a suggestion for someone to make a GTA3 dodo handling mod for SA, possibly as a resource (I believe the new MTA DP3 will have vehicle handling resources available)

Yes, we, LCK, VCK, and others will be there to train new players. Btw I guess this thread kindof sets up a suggestion for someone to make a GTA3 dodo handling mod for SA, possibly as a resource (I believe the new MTA DP3 will have vehicle handling resources available)

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah those would work well for dodo duel.

If we do use those rocks:

I had an idea for team spawning, the Pilots would spawn in that nearby abandoned airstrip, with dodos lining the runway ready to go. And the Attackers they would spawn, well, somewhere away from their hill so they would have to drive to it, so that it takes a little time to get back to the hill. Just like in GTA3, you gotta drive back there, giving the Pilots a little break.

The Pilots will get no weapons, and the Attackers will get weapons that can only fire on the hill, so they don't drive to the airstrip and shoot the Pilots. Also, if possible, the airstrip should be a kill zone for Attackers, so if they try to ram some planes with their car, they would just die as they got near the airfield.