maybe a solution for those who can't play mta...

who wants to play gta1 MP untill a new MTA is released?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. who wants to play gta1 MP untill a new MTA is released?

• yes
    • no

how about setting up a server for gta1, it is now freely available at the rockstar-site and it also has a (official) MP-mode, so people who can't play gta3-mta can play gta and wait untill a new version of mta is released which can fix their problems :shock::D:shock::D

yes you can, duh. Though Gta 1 have problems with the framerate limiter making the game having an average fps of 13-17 and when you remove it everything is just way too fast.

Next problem is the multiplayer lag, combine that with really low fps and that is a game that is hard to play. I have played GTA1 both in lan and over modem so I know what I'm speaking about.

GTA 2 is not working in winxp, for me that is. Even when I have patched it.

GTA 1 is working in winxp for me and my friends.

ok, gta2, are you using a crack? because if so you need to download a fixed crack for win2k and xp, try megagames. If you really cant find one and you think this is your problem then just messenger me on msn ([email protected]).

With internet gta2 I have the same problem as Marcelwalus, I don't know what port the game uses, so I can't set my router up to forward that port to my computer - This is a real bummer because me and a few friends have just started working on a conversion of gta2 called gta: adelaide (the city we live in) and we'd love to test it out over the internet.

As for lan gta2 is a always hit at lans, even with all the big sweet games like bf 1942 desert combat, ut2k3, raven shield and we still give mta a run every now and then :wink:

For all those who wanted to know which ports to use for GTA / GTA2 / GTA London

Ports: 47624 and 2300 to 2400 (it uses a random port in that range)

Both have to be TCP and UDP.

Enjoy :)

gta2 works just fine for me, and i have windows xp
GTA 2 Works fine for me with a Nvidia TNT2 M64 but lags like shit on GTA3 and Vice City. But im building a Pentium 4 2.4 GHZ with a Geforce 4 Mx440 Se. Just wait till its built ill be on mta so fast that u wont know what hit u oh wait itll be me sniper rifle :) :) :) :)