Changelog is down since 1 month...

Reading the changelog was in my weekly ritual when it came around. Now that it's down... i feel I'm missing something. Is it fixable? Can I hope to have the pleasure to read it again some day?

BTW: Your mod still rules. I can't wait for dp3 to come out. No rush though... having plenty of fun in dp2 =)

later

Kemeros

The server that updates the changelog is down at the moment, we also use it for nightly builds, so its slowed down our testing a lot too :(

We're expecting it back up soon though, then hopefully a release soon after.

Well theres been plenty of general changes. For scripting this will give you a ballpark: http://development.mtasa.com/index.php? ... ges_in_DP3

I've tried to get everyone to place emphasis on the sliding/car jacking/no shooting problem as the #1 issue. We have made some good progress reproducing and fixing sliding and car jacking. Shooting has proved more difficult to reproduce so we're not quite sure if theres improvements on that yet.

As Jax said we had a long slow period due to a server loss but lately we've been testing lots of new builds, several a day even. Progress is definitely being made. Don't worry, we're testing and they are still developing. MTA hasn't jumped ship. :P

Why is there no people in any servers? Am I missing something? There is probably only 30 people alltogether at any given time.

I just don't get, is it my server browser or are people just not playing?

I swear, the majority of people are fucking morons - they cry and cry for months for this mod, and then when it finally comes out, they don't play it?!

I don't even want to get near SA-MP - it's total crap...buggy, disgusting, laggy, horendous crap.

Well its a combination of issues but usually I see 100-300 ppl playing. Most of the players are in Europe atm though so sometimes the player counts drop dramatically on weekdays at night (sa-mp also experiences this somewhat, I saw the player count go from 4000 to 1000 as written on their website).

DP3 should show some improvements on frame rates, slide/shoot sync, etc. I think people are still around, just waiting for the fixes. Hell, theres 500+ registrations a day on the community center ( see stats https://community.multitheftauto.com/ ). MTA should really shine once some nice scripts are developed. I haven't seen anything too major yet.

MTA should really shine once some nice scripts are developed. I haven't seen anything too major yet.

thats true... id really like to see a race on foot... could be called takeshi or parkour. that would be interesting. or some team based race with driveby, elimination, dm or escaping from sinking objects

thats true... id really like to see a race on foot... could be called takeshi or parkour. that would be interesting. or some team based race with driveby, elimination, dm or escaping from sinking objects

dunno how many people have realised this but Assault is an extremely versatile gamemode, you may think it has only one goal, kill the other team while reaching some markers, well this is something very basic and assault is certainly capable of a lot more, you can make a map where you race have to race on foot, escape from a sinking ship, defuse bombs in a building, steal cars on a list, defend a convoy etc the possibilities are endless! and the great thing about it is that you don't have to create a new gamemode, just a simple map ;)

I'm looking forward to playing some maps that take advantage of the powerful scripting system

but i still think there are some important things missing which have to be added in my opinion

there's only one thing that may missing imo (for a race on foot map for example), currently the only way the deffenders can win is to let the time run out so maybe there should be a triggerDeffenderWin function or something like that

DP3 should show some improvements on frame rates, slide/shoot sync, etc.

That's just great news, because currently players seem to face major performance hits with some specific scripts and resources. Of course this could happen just because of unoptimized scripts, who knows... Great news anyway!

MTA should really shine once some nice scripts are developed. I haven't seen anything too major yet.

I'd love parkour style races! :D

The biggest part would be to simply make a big map with a great urban structure, and many possible paths. Then you basically just need checkpoints, and voila ;)

What would be cooler is when custom animations are supported we can maybe throw in front-flips and other custom trick animations for an added depth to it :)