The awards/applause/admiration post

I am drooling over the idea of team deathmatch. I mean, there's nothing new compared to other games, and the weapons in GTA3 certainly weren't designed for multiplayer, but the difference between this Team DM, and say... Unreal's team DM, is that in this, you have several game miles in which to run around blowing the crap out of each other!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

I would like to give a round of applause to all of the people who have made this wonderful thing possible. You guys ROCK!!!

P.S. Tell PC Gamer mag [www.pcgamer.com] about this mod, and you will definitely get a big response (if they like it enough, they'll probably put it in one of their columns!) :wink::mrgreen:

nice! its cool that MTA is getting reconition. I just hope it never get to the point where its too porfessional\commercial. this is a bit off topic but, is it tru that in the Austrailian version, they edited out gore and prostitutes? i could probably find out the awnser online, but its eaiser to just ask someone who'd know.

exactly. it a new idea. all fps, and sps with internet play are all basically the same thing, just different map, guns, and charectars. but this is new. a whole city which, if there were more residential, could be a functioning cty, to play in. plus the game modes are new. like gang wars ect. i cant wait till the final version. i guess that'l be in like a year or somthing.

Will hand to hand combat function aswell?

Ok im going a bit ahead of time here, maybe when everything is "spiffy" there can be a realism mode/game type, where you can find money on peds and by using taxi's, but get money by some other source(not sure yet), to BUY weapons and BUY own cars that cant be jacked or something to this effect.

If you like the idea and can be done in anyway, please add ideas. :D

there will be no peds. unless IJsVogel becomes the worlds best vb programmer, and makes it happen with no lag. i dont think there are going to be any long-games, where you would actually want to save up money and buy stuff... its not a virtual world (that would be sweet), its just like other internet games, except in LC, and with GTA-Oriented play modes.

you can get a maximum of 125 health from prostitutes. not available anywhere else. helpful for those missions where you need to start a bit advantaged - and its not cheating

ill PM you my bank account number later man =P

Im sure that a paypal account or something will be set up, but as vogel has mentioned before, this is a non-commercial mod based on a COMMERCIAL game owned by R* - so making money off of it is kinda dodgy =)

Well, odds are that if you keep track of donations and server costs and make a note that funds donated are going towards that, then any company will be more than willing to not bother you..

Speaking of companies, how well supported is the mod community for this game? Has most of the programming been done blindly, or have they released an SDK, or similar material?

i would definately pay for this mod.. not too much tho.. but still if all is accomplished that is being planned, this is gonna be big. i cant wait until its finished. speaking of mods n stuff. what about CS? its a professional mod for HL... i suppose you could work something out with R*.. personally i think its best left as freeware.. the best mod ive seen

speaking of mods n stuff. what about CS? its a professional mod for HL... i suppose you could work something out with R*..

Ya, but HL was made with the intention of mods. (A little menu that allows you to choose from them). GTA3 was made with the intention of MP3's and player skins being the only thing changed.