mods and handlings?

Guys, I really like my mods, but I'm really sad it's not allowed to have vehicle mods and handlings, so why are you guys, the great MTA team that made the best multiplayer mode for GTASA, won't allow it?

Well, just in a few servers, for example, in AlienX freeroam, one of the best servers ever. I'm not using fast handlings that make cars go faster than the Turismo, It's making cars go in the MAX speed of Flash's.

So please, The MTA Team, allow it in a few servers please, at least in AlienX, cause I like doing it with mods and handlings, the handlings are slow.

We have moderate toleration on the Free Roam Chaos server for modified handling. If it annoys or becomes something causing problems, we will tell them to stop, kick if necessary and eventually ban if necessary. In DP3 I thought it would be server side, or at least that is the idea I got from reading something.

Well, just in a few servers, for example, in AlienX freeroam, one of the best servers ever.

Nothing to do with the MTA Team, and AlienX doesn't allow mods on his server. You got global banned for playing with your mods on alienx's freeroam. Well, you can host your own server and allow mods here, but if you join other servers with your mods again you risk to get global banned for even longer

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure I understand this. I really haven't played longer than a minute in the new dp mtasa, but I am reading conflicting posts. Can I or can't modify handling? I'm not asking whether I'm allowed to, I'm asking if it is possible. I asked a similar question last year, whether it was intended that a server would be able to allow modified handling or have a server-side handling that would be used for all clients, and I was told no.

I am seeing people post about getting banned for modifying handling, so are they just modifying their handling.cfg? I am asking for the same reason I asked before. I want to run a server with either its own, modified handling config that will be used for all clients or allow all clients to use their own handling configs.

If this isn't in, is it planned at least?

You can set the player's handling, meaning for any vehicle they are in, they will always have the same handling? Or set the handling for each vehicle for each player?

With the server side scripts you can set handling for any vehicle, and every user playing on the server with have this handling without modifying any files. Not to mention you can even change vehicle models to custom ones with mta scripting. BUT modifying GTA/MTA files on your own is not allowed.

With the server side scripts you can set handling for any vehicle, and every user playing on the server with have this handling without modifying any files. Not to mention you can even change vehicle models to custom ones with mta scripting. BUT modifying GTA/MTA files on your own is not allowed.

damn good news =) im really looking forward to see some awsome driftig servers and freeroam with spider handling xD

damn good news =) im really looking forward to see some awsome driftig servers and freeroam with spider handling xD

Agreed, absolutely awesome news. Now I'm actually excited about this.

One other thing, though, will the MTA scripts also be able to set the wheel sizes (I'm referring to the values that are by default loaded from vehicles.ide)? Some custom models require some tweaking to get the wheels to look right.

Again, very good news; thanks for the answers.