Rocket projectile animation desynced

Mr.Hankey

I just found out a strange bug...

In my custom gamemode i use a function that creates a heatseeking rocket projectile which target is a player that is visible on your screen. So if I fire such a rocket on a rc raider or rc bandit everything works fine but if a baron is the target the rocket on the screen of the one who shot the rocket is 10 times faster then normal but i think thats just because the baron is a plane and normal planes would be faster then the rocket. Now the desync issue is that on the screen of the guy who is in the baron the rocket flies with normal speed so it looks like he has enough time to hide somewhere but in fact the explosion of the projectile is somehow synced so the baron will be hit before the rocket arrives at his position...

Moreover sometimes the rocket at the shooter's screen will miss the baron because it is too fast and will fly into a wall behind the baron but on the baron's screen the rocket is still flying towards him and when it arrives there it just dissappears.

I hope this can be fixed in later releases because it can be very confusing and if you don't know the bug you might wonder where the explosion came from.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've experienced de-syncing when I test projectiles as well. When I create an air bomb projectile and launch it using velocity parameters the other player sees it as directly falling to the ground. Same goes for rockets. The other player can see the rocket but its trajectory is completely off. The spot of impact is correct for all spectators though.

• 2 weeks later...