[REL][GM] RC-Battle v0.8.0 *UPDATE*

Mr.Hankey

Hi there,

inspired by a little scene in the first christmas movie i decided to make a little gamemode that takes place in Zero's RC-Arena using RC Vehicles.

The Gamemode is still far away from finishing but in the past week i put a lot of work into it and now i think the time has come to make a first release.

Last day i tried to find and fix any bugs in it and i think this should be done by now. There's only one warning left that should only appear if a new player joins or the mode is started but as far as i know you can safely ignore that.

At the start you will be automatically assigned to one of the two teams (CJ's Toys or Zero's Toys) so they're balanced and a little spawnscreen will appear where you can select 1 out of 6 different rc vehicles (Baron, Goblin, Tiger, Raider, Bandit, Cam). Each vehicle has its own weapon that is bound to the vehicle_fire key so it's compatible with custom keyboard settings. Here are some pics of the vehicles and their weapons:

Baron (Airbomb):

20080209132753710_lzupdaktma.png

Goblin (Grenadelauncher):

20080209132707680_vryfrwhapz.png

Tiger (Rocketlauncher):

20080209133026103_ouunyxpufo.png

• Things to do:
  • add image and/or description of each vehicle to the spawnscreen [added description]
  • add heatseeking rockets to the tiger [other solution found]
  • balance reload times (acutally all weapons have 5 seconds reloadtime) [balanced a bit]
  • add base defend turret so if you stay more then 5 seconds in the enemy base you will be shot with a hs rocket
  • make score and round system working [score and round system should work now]
  • fix some issues with vehicles not despawning after disconnecting while sitting in a vehicle [hopefully fixed now]
  • add text items showing a few stats at the right side of the screen[added]
  • add a respawn countdown[added]
  • maybe i have to add something to prevent goblins blocking each other if too many players spawn with a goblin at the same time[seems not necessary]
  • add all rc vehicles i left out (rc bandit, rc cam and rc raider) [added]

• By downloading you accept these rules:
  • you mustn't say you are the creator of this resource
  • you mustn't change the credits in the lua file or the author part in the meta.xml
  • you are allowed to copy code pieces and use it for your own gamemode (only the whole code if you write a little comment with my credits next to it)

Ah and before i forget here's the download link :lol:>>DOWNLOAD<<

If you find any bugs or you have any suggestions feel free to post it here :D

Edit: I recommend NOT to download the resource "killmessages" with my resource in a package as it is offered because this will cause some problems and you won't be able to play the gamemode! If you download both resources one by one and it should work perfectly...

• Changelog:
  • v0.6.5: just a little update players shouldn't be visible any more
  • v0.7.0: added 3 vehicles with new weapons (Raider:Molotov, Bandit:Suicidal Bomb :lol: and Cam:Heatseeking rocket)
  • v0.7.0: hopefully some despawning issues are fixed now (couldn't really test it)
  • v0.7.0: some fixes relating to the spawn screen
  • v0.7.0: balanced the reload times a little bit
  • v0.7.5: added respawn countdown of 5 seconds
  • v0.7.5: added a description for every vehicle in the spawnscreen
  • v0.7.5: some other small issues fixed
  • v0.7.5: help.xml file updated
  • v0.8.0: made scoure/round system working
  • v0.8.0: added a little stats text in the bottom right corner
  • v0.8.0: fixed some issues whith starting other resources and stopping rc-battle
  • v0.8.0: fixed a bug where players with high ping wouldn't get in a team
  • v0.8.0: added selection/countdown sounds
  • v0.8.0: spawnscreen background changed =)

Other things:

First of all i have to give a credit to Lucif3r for making interstate69 that included a solution to get targets for the heatseeking rocket projctile from the screen.

I hope you don't mind that i used some pieces of your code. I even wrote it all by hand because i was afraid you could mind if i just copy it^^

Edited by Guest

Updated to version 0.8.0.

>>DOWNLOAD<<

• Changes:
  • v0.8.0: made scoure/round system working
  • v0.8.0: added a little stats text in the bottom right corner
  • v0.8.0: fixed some issues whith starting other resources and stopping rc-battle
  • v0.8.0: fixed a bug where players with high ping wouldn't get in a team
  • v0.8.0: added selection/countdown sounds
  • v0.8.0: spawnscreen background changed =)