Development Screenshots - MTA 0.3.5

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, to answer questions ....

"can we ride the same car with other players?"

Not currently ... there is code in place for this to work, but it has not been tested completely and is not working 100%. This will most likely not be included in 0.3.5 BETA, and possibly not the 0.3.5 FINAL, but something should be included in 0.4 if not a patch between the two.

"so long as it notifies you when you've been disconnected"

A message is displayed in game as well as the Client upon disconnection. This only really ever happens though when either your internet connection goes down or the Server's internet connections goes down (or Server application shut down).

Internet Connections

I am not 100% on the internet connections that were used in the movie, but I can tell you some of the internet connections used by the team members.

I am currently on Cable (1500/384) and have absolutely no problem with lag. Sintax and AJH are on faster cable than myself and obviously also have no problems. trx is on dial-up and from what he has told me has very little / non-existent lag.

We have programmed the Client / Server communication to be MUCH more efficient then any previous version. It was stated that the upload rate was some insane amount like 16 kb/s (am I correct?) on the old system. Well, the new communication standard does not exceed 2-3kb/s in theoretical terms (untested). All in all, we haven't had any problems and further optimizations can be done.

We have programmed the Client / Server communication to be MUCH more efficient then any previous version. It was stated that the upload rate was some insane amount like 16 kb/s (am I correct?) on the old system. Well, the new communication standard does not exceed 2-3kb/s in theoretical terms (untested). All in all, we haven't had any problems and further optimizations can be done.

Great news! :D

That 16kb/s figure was pretty worrying for us poor 56kers. :(

Hey Cray thanks for those details ! but you talked about the 2 players not being able to ride the same car ... does this mean doors locked(hope not), of simply that if you try to enter, you will drag the other player out (hope so) ?

edit : how about a faq section somewhere in the page/forum ? just about the new releases ? so this way we could center the questions on one topic, and probably get faster/easier acess to other ppl interesting questions and their answers ?

Hey Cray thanks for those details ! but you talked about the 2 players not being able to ride the same car ... does this mean doors locked(hope not), of simply that if you try to enter, you will drag the other player out (hope so) ?

The person in the vehicle will be kicked out if someone else tries to get in. This is already implemented.

Not recently no.

We have pretty much freezed the feature list for the next release, so we are now in the process of fixing bugs (and believe me, we are finding lots of little things that need attention).

Needless to say, with the feature list being frozen we really have nothing "new" to show you. Anything you would like us to show? :)