Drift Races

Guys I thought about that drift races should be created, and I'm sure MTA can do this perfect :)

These are Drift Races. Drifting is a good way to make tight turns and keeping your car at speed.

To drift (in San Andreas), drive in a medium speed (not too fast, but not too slow. if you go too fast, you will wipe out, if you go too slow, your car will stop and will not drift). Than, push the handbrake (default key is Space), and slide your car. Don't forget to counterstreet (for example, drive at medium speed, push handbrake and left or right. if you turn right in drifting, steer to the left side, and if you drift to the left, steer to the right. To stop drifting, the best way to do it is to leave the gas, but keep to countersteer (to see how to drift in SA, search on youtube "GTA SA Drift").

What I wanted to do in MTA are Drift Races. I don't know how to script, so if somebody can do this, I will really thank him (Please make it WITH collsions, not like mta race, that the opponents are shadows).

Here are the list of the modes :

DRIFT SCORE CHALLENGE - An easy challenge, if you know to drift. Your race position dosen't matter. Just drift to score points!

DRIFT RACE CHALLENGE - A normal Race, But you need to drift to win. Whoever that reaches the finish line first, wins the race.

DOWNHILL DRIFT CHALLENGE - A VERY risky, dangerous race. Made on a mountain, that has enough space for two cars at least. The road must be deep, that if you go too fast, you will fall off the mountain. When you fall off, the car should be hardly damaged / wrecked.

Whoever reaches the bottom of the mountain, wins.

That's it, hope it will be good :)

i had the same idea too some months ago. it would be really cool, maybee its possible to let the server know how much skid marks you made. i would love tome stunt races too. so you earn money(points) for stunts like in the singleplayer (maybe a bit increased). for winning the race you would get points too and for each second the opponents doo't reach the finishing line even more points. you could combine those two ideas too :D

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see something like this happen. Maybe you could inject a new source code into all the handling.cfg files and make it easy to find in case a server wanted to use their own mods like me. I'm addicted to drifting, my friend is still teaching me how in his 98 Eclipse..god thats a fast little car.

Anyways, there's some sort of drift project going on right now I think but they may not have started yet I know the guy wanted someone else to help with the drifting/ testing lines.

There's my input.