Not enough players!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the simplest thing that could be done is to have 2 dimensions, 1 that allows shooting and the other that does not

anyway, this is kinda going off topic :P

Yeah! MTA Race and DM on one software, I mean program or how ever you call it.

MTA DM is awesome, but what I don't like is the following:

GTA San Andreas is a big game, and a big map. Ofcourse, it's fantastic at singleplayer. But in MTA it actually kinda sucks because if you have 20 people playing in such a big map it is'nt fun to drive to them all the time... You know..

What I like is those mini-maps where you can hide and shoot people.. I stopped playing MTADM because of the few people and the cheaters.

I hope this will change. Now I have to do it with Race.;)

does anybody know what happened to the ITA PLZ server?

it was the best server of all with grat gamemodes and a lot of people, but it just disappeared yestrerday :(

now there are only crappy servers left, nothing to do in MTA :(

not a single one has assault, i can't believe how the server admins can tolerate this and only offer boring RPG and freeroam

If Free Roam is a concern to you, you haven't been to a good free roam ;) My server is a free roam, but it has RP elements mixed, and it has DM mixed. You can more or less do what you wish. A bad free roam is very much a waste of time. On average, when I play, I am either coding new stuff, or I am having fun with the commands. Like for instance, we have an attach command. I attached a pirate ship to my marquis and we just drove around. It is fun. Cool commands make a more fun environment.

I attached a pirate ship to my marquis and we just drove around. It is fun. Cool commands make a more fun environment.

my whole live makes sense now...

actually i've never played on a good freeroam server... the reason could be that good freeroam server don't exist.

I hope MTA will come with the map editor.. It will rock..

Unfortunatly some servers at DM now are only on whole San Andreas you know, It is much better when it is a small map with lot's of players playing teamdeathmatch..

Question:

Where are the official servers?

Can you play now at them? I don't see them on MTADM

I attached a pirate ship to my marquis and we just drove around. It is fun. Cool commands make a more fun environment.

my whole live makes sense now...

actually i've never played on a good freeroam server... the reason could be that good freeroam server don't exist.

Not only did you incorrectly attempt to make fun of what I typed using your false hope of sarcasm, but you grammar is terrible. You attempt to judge free roam without providing reasoning behind why it would be considered bad.

yeah, sue me for terrible grammar. im pretty sure that i know english better than the most others of my age(who are not native speakers). maybe you want to tell me something in some other language? ich hoffe ich habe mich da klar ausgedrückt!

actually i only forgot some s... whatever. i still don't know why you were waiting for mta. freeroaming is great... in the singleplayer. if you were blizzard you would have enough players for an interesting freeroam server. but a large area like san andreas really needs some more than 100 players.

No seriously.

Look:

SA:MP has got only deathmatch servers over WHOLE san andreas, or some parts of it! That's too big! Multi Theft Auto must get there chance with there own TDM on a small minimap where you can hide etc.

And now, the big servers at MTA have only those DM over whole san andreas, what is too big. Every player of MTA DM can look to SA:MP and see that it's almost the same and play there.

So the new games like TDM in a minimap, or even CtO, CtV must take there chance.

So I will say to get more people playing MTA DM:

Get more servers. Servers with: TDM in a small map, CtO, Ctv, hay, fallout and those others.

MTA FTW!

Dude, the best mode so far is Stealth and their maps, cmon headshots, teamwork, strategy everything, nowadays is hard to find a server with that mode that has it 24/7 and has enough people for a fun match (=PCP= Server at the moment only) why do people doesnt go to the official servers like before, and my expectation is:

There are still some people playing dp1.

I think it is the smallest things which are making the difference between the populations.

I believe Ransom made a few points of indication earlier.

The whole project is not yet in the palm of the community’s hands, such as the anti-cheat system, the release of an adequate map editor, controller support and other miscellaneous features.

We all know it’s just a development preview and this is one thing that people must realise and not forget.

I agree, maybe a full release will eventually justify for what y'all are complaining about. Once my clans current server gets off of my machine, I will start developing for more than just free roam. I want to code a RPG and a DM from scratch.

I just downloaded and registered. Sounds like an awesome game! When GTAIII first came out I was like "dude they should make this multiplayer, that would be awesome!" and now I'm gonna do my part to spread the word.

There is a huge reason no one seems to play this mod. The time out issues.

More than half of my members gave up with this mod after a few days and went back to race or sa-mp. Every 2 mins someone joins our server then times out while they download the resources.

Imo this needs fixed quick smart. It's been weeks now since the release of DP2. Surely you could release DP2.5 with the downloading resources part fixed rather than have people paying for servers that stay empty because of this problem?

Come on, I respect every player out there but face it: freeroam is the death of mta, quite simply.

Mta is a nearly perfect software, really people have to learn how to use it....what about Team Deathmatch ? What about assault ? What about team based games? If you don't have popular servers with those, mta will never "take off".

Basically, if you want a good mod you need to things :

- team based

- the objective has to be easy to understand

I saw there is that tendency of making RPG servers....while the intention is good, in the end, it is just a diguised freeroam. There is no objective that stands out. of course you may kill people from the other team but hey...I said "you may"... there is no absolute objective easy to understand for everyone.

A good change for this would be kicking if teamkilling, and making a common bank account for the whole team; that account would only fill if for instance as a criminal you kill a policeman, and so on depending on your role.

I'll admit, i despise the freeroam nature of gamemodes, and jfk003 is spot on about RPG modes.

With MTA we didnt actually ship any proper freeroam modes, they were all team based, or focused modes - stealth, tdma, interstate69, battlefield69, teamwars. All of them involve focused gameplay where you have a proper set of objectives in order to actually "win" a game (as appose to just endless gameplay that amounts to nothing).

This is the type of gameplay that forms proper multiplayer games of today. How many popular online games do you see with just "freeroam" modes where, in essense, you do absolutely nothing?

We were hoping with dp1 that people would get into focused gameplay of GTASA, and the gamemodes that were released showed that both MTA and GTA could be flexible and produce any mode you wanted, rather than MTA 0.x's "pointless" gameplay. For some reason this didnt work out, and now servers are dominated by freeroam and "RPG" servers.

However, i believe this is a developing area and there is still hope: namely the clan scene. Luckilly the clan scene is the community you can rely on to always want focused, competitive gameplay that are team games. This is a very much developing area for MTA, and i hope to drive this aspect further forward ( viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21658 ).

Once the clan scene has developed, I expect that there will be a demand for users to join clans rather than just play on freeroam servers. This leads on to them playing on more focused gamemodes because that's the only way they can prove themself.

After being in QA for such a long time, it is rather dissatisfying to see the lack of welcoming for "proper" gamemodes. But to sum up, i think people are going to get bored of this crap and start playing competitively again.

Not all free roams are the same... You judge too soon. The Free Roam Chaos server has a mix of Free Roam and a DM of sorts. We are creating a /dm on the server where you will be teleported to an area where you can fight and it will be closed off from the rest of the people so no one will bitch. We also have had thoughts of building a race objective into the server. We recreated the drift track and the dirt track in the sky and have teleports to them. We have much racing stuff. Today I am incorporating teams into the server and it should bring around more fighting. We will eventually have it so you can do anything you can do on other servers. Hopefully. =)

Not all free roams are the same... You judge too soon. The Free Roam Chaos server has a mix of Free Roam and a DM of sorts. We are creating a /dm on the server where you will be teleported to an area where you can fight and it will be closed off from the rest of the people so no one will bitch. We also have had thoughts of building a race objective into the server. We recreated the drift track and the dirt track in the sky and have teleports to them. We have much racing stuff. Today I am incorporating teams into the server and it should bring around more fighting. We will eventually have it so you can do anything you can do on other servers. Hopefully. =)

Still it has no aim in the gamemode