Freezed time, Taxiboosts, Tractors hook, Insane stunt bonus?

idiot

Hi again,

could someone here try to make a script which freezed the ingame clock at 12 00 am? Hope it isn't much work but I only run a custom stunting map on my server so I don't need the dark night for stealth etc. Cuz to stunt in the dark on a map which hasn't got lamps is stupid.

The other thing is that would it be possible to let the Taxi/Cabbie jump? In the singleplayer after finishing the taximissions the Taxis/Cabbies can jump with the hydraulics button. There's a stunting method callled 'Taxi wallclimbs' and I need the boost/jump to do that in MTA DM. Here an example in Singleplayer:

Third thing: Is it possible to write a script which allows the clients to use the backhook of the tractor? I know the Towtruck works but with the tractors hook you can use another stunting method called 'Farming'. Another example: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0M7uLkev_dk

Last thing :roll: : Is it possible to show the 'insane stunt bonus' in MTA DM?

I don't think that farming & taxi wallclimbs will be possible in MTA DM but would be nice if someone trys to make a script.

Greetzs Ruschiii

1. Dunno :P

Think its makeable and not much work ;S but I am more than a noob in lua I've never made own stuff with that.

2. I guess you can make them jump because in that gamemode where you fight with the cars you can add springs which makes it jump.

Yes in the Interstate69 mode the players can make jumps with springs. But that jump isn't the same like in the singleplayer. I tried to make a wallclimb with that Interstate69 jump but it doesn't work. It must be the jump from the taxi in the singleplayer. On my server runs a freeroam mode so is there a way to activate that all clients would have finished the taxi missions? So I mustn't look into the code.

3. Yea, I guess you'd have to use attachTrailerToVehicle function

(http://development.mtasa.com/index.php? ... rToVehicle)

Thx, but the link to a function for someone who is more than a lua noob and doesn't really want to learn all that for just having a bit fun is ... :<

4. No idea :P

lolt, okay now I'm sure its possible. I saw it on a server it didn't really looked like the insane stunt bonus in the singleplayer but the important informations were there. Like height, distance, flips, rotation...

Would be good if someone could help me again. Mustn't be all in one but just only one more resource of them would help me. :wink:

With the time of day, the only thing I can think of is to set a server timer to keep resetting the system clock (the setTime() function).

The boost/speed jump - well, you can give a car nitro easily enough. I've also done a speed booster which accelerates the car along is currents direction - that would achieve the tractor effect (high altitude).

With the time of day, the only thing I can think of is to set a server timer to keep resetting the system clock (the setTime() function).

Could someone try this... like its 12:00 the game runs to 12:30and then the time resets automaticly to 12:00?

The boost/speed jump - well, you can give a car nitro easily enough. I've also done a speed booster which accelerates the car along is currents direction - that would achieve the tractor effect (high altitude).

I don't just wanna drive at a wall / throw me in the air. I really wish to have exactly that Cabie/Taxi-jump in MTA DM. And the hook should just be useable like in the singleplayer. If I would have the jump & the moveable hook i would shut up lol :>. Because the stunting methods should work as like in the singleplayer and I don't want to make new own methods with scripts just activate these two things to be happy...

To add : can you remove the clients world-time clock ? In the WIKI there's an option for it using :

showPlayerHudComponent("clock",false) 

but it never seems to work ?

you can remove it but time will still pass, the only difrence is that it won't be showed on the hud.

you can remove it but time will still pass, the only difrence is that it won't be showed on the hud.

I was confusing the issue - I meant to remove the display of the clock; not to stop the clock entirely. The line of code I posted above is supposed to remove the display of the clock but never seems to do anything.

The clock should be frozen at 12:00. I don't ned the night on my freeroam server it just sucks to stunt on a map where aren't any lamps. It isn't a small map so its better to have a resource that freezed the time than adding hundreds of lamps.

could someone here try to make a script which freezed the ingame clock at 12 00 am? Hope it isn't much work but I only run a custom stunting map on my server so I don't need the dark night for stealth etc. Cuz to stunt in the dark on a map which hasn't got lamps is stupid.

I am not sure... but could someone check the teamdeathmatch script. In a map the time was at 9:00 am all the time. I checked the code a few times but I couldn't find something. Pls someone try to help me / find that piece...

Having looked at his code (tdma_core.lua), he's doing as I suggested above but every second. So the code now becomes :

function setWorldClock() 
     setTime(12,0) 
end 
setTimer(setWorldClock,1000,0) 

All server side. Given the timer's on a second interval and client ping, doesn't this flip the time display slightly ? e.g. in this case betweem 12.00 and 12.01 ? (I've never tried TDM)

Add nitro and hydroulics to taxi o.0

addVehicleUpgrade(vehicleid, upgrade);

you can find the upgrades here:

http://wikitmp.sa-mp.com/index.php/Car_Component_ID

Sure I know how to add upgrades... but thats not what I am talking about. Did you ever finished the Taxi/Cabbie missions in the singleplayer? If not try a 100% savegame. Enter a Taxi/Cabbie and push the hydraulics button (you should drive faster than 30km/h). You will see that the Taxis/Cabbies will make a jump like a bunnyhop! You can only unlock that "bunnyhop" with finishing the Taxi/Cabbie missions.

I want exactly that "bunnyhop" of the Taxis/Cabbies to use it in MTA. Just a script which unlocks that for the Taxis/Cabbies on the MTA server. The server I host is a stunt/freeroam server. With those "bunnyhops/boosts" the player can use a bug as a stunting method, called "Taxi wallclimbs"!

With that "bunnyhop/boost" the Taxis/Cabbies can jump along a wall (thats the bug). Because of those boosts of the jump the Taxis/Cabbies can accelerate really fast. With a good boost it can gets as fast as a Infernus o.O!

Taxi wallclimb tutorial:

Taxi wallclimb video:

100% savegame download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=50PXAQG1

Just add the "GTASAsf2.b" into your GTA San Andreas User Files folder. Start GTA SA load the savegame and enter a Taxi/Cabbie. Accelerate and push then the hydraulics button. With the "bunnyhops/boosts" the Taxis/Cabbies can jump on/climb on walls!

Okay I hope now more people understand what I am talking and dreaming about :P.

Oh yah forgot that it was different from a normal hydroulic jump.

I think setElementVelocity would work :)

I sumhow cant do cabbie jumps, I do exectly the same as in those movies, but my cabby starts rolling on the wall when i press the buttons :(

You must tap that hydraulics button again when u arrive the wall. Just tap it 64789563567 times as fast as you can :P ... Its just a practiceing thing. And I just want to have that boost on a MTA server. The thing is the Cabbies/Taxis shouldn't just jump. I need exactly THAT jump of the singleplayer to climb a wall in MTA!!!!!!!!!! That interstate jump deosn't work and its not that what I'm searching for! :D

hm... in the singleplayer it just looks like the velocity along the z axis is set a bit higher or there's something like a force pushing it up. I think the "bug" that happens in singleplayer is that the game checks if at least one wheel is on the ground otherwise the boost wont work. So if you're doing something like a wallride the taxi will still touch the ground(now it's the wall) though the boost already happened. This causes that you can keep hitting the boost button all the time you're touching the wall.

This is pure speculation but i think it would be a logic way that explains the bug =)

I still believe that the setElementVelocity could work fine to reproduce this...

I DON'T JUST WANNA DRIVE ON A WALL! I JUST WANT TO UNLOCK -> !!THAT!! <- TAXI - BOOST/JUMP IN MTA! AND WITH -> !!THAT!! <- TAXI - BOOST/JUMP I COULD MAKE A WALLCLIMB LIKE IN THOSE VIDEOS (IN MTA)!

So i just wanna have thoseTaxi/Cabbie - boosts unlocked in MTA (which are getting unlocked in the singleplayer when the player finishes the Taxi/Cabbie missions!)!

function bunnyHop ( source, key, keyState ) 
    if ( isPlayerInVehicle ( source ) ) then  
        local theVehicle = getPlayerOccupiedVehicle ( source ) 
        local x, y, z = getElementVelocity ( theVehicle ) 
        setElementVelocity ( theVehicle, x, y, z + 0.25 ) 
    end 
end 

function bindTheKeys() 
        bindKey ( source, "lshift", "down", bunnyHop ) 
        outputChatBox( "Press 'shift' to do a bunny hop (you must be in a vehicle)", source )    
end 

function bindTheKeysOnStart() 
        for i, v in ipairs ( getElementsByType ( "player" ) ) do 
                bindKey ( v, "lshift", "down", bunnyHop ) 
                outputChatBox( "Press 'shift' to do a bunny hop (you must be in a vehicle)", v ) 
        end 
end 

addEventHandler ( "onPlayerJoin", getRootElement(), bindTheKeys ) 
addEventHandler ( "onResourceStart", getResourceRootElement ( getThisResource() ), bindTheKeysOnStart ) 

try this

NOTE: it probably won't be the same as the one in SP

PS: you can use the boost several times, even in midair :P tell me if you want that disabled

Edited by Guest

I have found this speed boost script

function speed(source)

local vehicle = getPlayerOccupiedVehicle(source)

x, y, z = getElementVelocity(vehicle)

setElementVelocity(vehicle, x*10, y*10, z*10)

end

addCommandHandler("speed", speed)

the way i use it is to put the command into ctvdebug.lua in broph resource with notepad

i dont know if it will help or not

u have to be careful when u use it ( VERY FAST ) BUT IF U CHANGE X*10, Y*10, Z*10 to lower values it should be more controllable

also boost depends on how fast u r going and what vehicle your in

still doesnt make u jump but its half way there

Perhaps if you added a rotational element you could get it to boost upward as well rx*10 ry*10 rz*10 but im not sure which one is up