*Vista* Black Screen and Mouse Freeze fix to all of GTA/MTA!

While doing some operating system tweaking, I realized that when this service is DISABLED - you will never get any freeze even when compatibility mode is turned off.

event_log.jpg

An easier and interesting solution for people who don't have dedicated sound cards, eh? You could also disable the sound card too (dumb idea). More about what I am talking about is here -> http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=307992 Obviously the solution in this thread posted here already at the MTAForums is much easier:

1. Disable the "Windows Event Log" service.

2. Restart computer!

3. Delete [.set] file.

4. Turn off the useless compatibiltity mode for the gtavc or gtasa executable.

5. Launch game.

If you were having Black Screen/Mouse Freeze issues on Vista and this fixed your problem, rate and comment this topic! :D

Edited by Guest

Hmmm well its good to see someone is making work of helping other people.. But to be honest I wouldn't stop any important Windows Services. I only disabled a few of which I know they are only useless to me (e.g. search indexing, I never search files anyway and it makes my HDD slower). This seems kinda dangerous to stop though, still good that you're trying to help though as I said before ;)

Windows Event Log - an important Windows service? And that's only *1* I disabled. You can renable it, if and only if an application says it's actually required.

There's an alternative method to this in the link I posted. But this one is more effective because it ensures the game doesn't crash even when you set the priority on High. Also you can Alt-Tab out during gameplay.

Hmmm well its good to see someone is making work of helping other people

Yeah, and it also works. I can post a movie to prove. Did you ever experienced a "Black Screen & Mouse Freeze" issues under Windows Vista? If so, why did you post here in the first place? This thread is for people who have issues and are not using Windows XP. Anyways...

• 11 months later...