Admin panel suggestions

Kaltsu

I've been using the admin panel regularly this week. As we are running a RPG server, you might guess that I've been busy using the admin panel against deathmatchers. There fore I decided to list here some of my ideas to make the admin panel better.

Enter key support for pop-ups

For example, when you are about to kick somebody, the pop-up asks you for the reason. Make it possible to accept the kick with Enter key.

Scroll through player list with arrow keys

Ability to scroll through player list with up/down arrows. This would make it faster and more accurate to find some specific player in the list.

Hotkeys

When you have selected some player in the player list, make a possibility to take straight actions against him by pressing some key. For example K to kick him.

Better mouse sensitivity

At the moment the admin panel usage seems to be a bit slow, perhaps because of the slow mouse sensitivity. Please implement a mouse sensivity setting to make mouse fast enough.

Better ban list

Add a "Reason" field to the ban list.

Admin chat command

Make a special command to reply to the admin chat directly from chat window, for example with /a. I don't know if this kind of system is already scriptable.

Select multiple players

Ability to select multiple players to get kicked for example, by using Shift and Ctrl keys.

I must say, that the admin panel looks awesome, but it's a bit slow to use. Like if somebody attacks me, I rarely manage to freeze him until I'm dead already. I think the mouse is somehow slower than normally and that is causing most of the slowness. If I get any more ideas regarding to the admin panel, I'll post them in this topic.

EDIT: I just noticed that Esc pauses the game in every situation, so I removed it from the first suggestion.

I am working together with Kaltsu on the announced RPG server and i have to agree with all points.

It would be helpful if there could be a special command, like /a text, to use the admin chat without opening the admin panel all the time.

And perhaps it could be also possible to use the hotkey idea which Kaltsu already tried to explain. I think it would make it much easier for admins.

Regards,

[R*]Carhartt :D

For example, when you are about to kick somebody, the pop-up asks you for the reason. Make it possible to accept the kick with Enter key.

Ability to scroll through player list with up/down arrows. This would make it faster and more accurate to find some specific player in the list.

Those probably someday will be there

Admin chat command

Make a special command to reply to the admin chat directly from chat window, for example with /a. I don't know if this kind of system is already scriptable.

Hotkeys

When you have selected some player in the player list, make a possibility to take straight actions against him by pressing some key. For example K to kick him.

That's already possible in the next release

Better mouse sensitivity

At the moment the admin panel usage seems to be a bit slow, perhaps because of the slow mouse sensitivity. Please implement a mouse sensivity setting to make mouse fast enough.

I have no access to mouse sensivity to give options for it, it's speed is just the same as anywhere, well it's probably scriptable to make it faster but probably won't look as smooth, ill have a look

Better ban list

Add a "Reason" field to the ban list.

It's not there cause as you might have noticed there's no place for it. Reason is in ban details though

Select multiple players

Ability to select multiple players to get kicked for example, by using Shift and Ctrl keys.

I wish i could do that but mta does not fully support multiply rows selected yet

Hello all,

I am working with Kaltsu on our ArgonathRPG server, and I too have noticed the, well, not faults, but more "disadvantages" to the admins panel, the main one impacting me, the mouse sensitivity, but we can live with it. It is exciting to hear that some of these things will be added in the next release, and I for one am looking forward to it, and looking forward to having it implemented in our RPG server. Good work, Im looking forward to it.

ArgonathRPG Team,

Lionz

Hi lil Toady,

Biggest thanks for your response! it cleared up the situation alot, though I still have something to ask...

Those probably someday will be there

Hopefully soon, as I believe those are one of the most wanted improvements for the admin panel at the moment.

Better mouse sensitivity

I have no access to mouse sensivity to give options for it, it's speed is just the same as anywhere, well it's probably scriptable to make it faster but probably won't look as smooth, ill have a look

Yeah, well I just noticed that the mouse doesn't seem to be as smooth/sensitive as in Windows desktop and that is causing some trouble, if you need to click the admin panel buttons quickly.

Better ban list

It's not there cause as you might have noticed there's no place for it. Reason is in ban details though

Oh yeah, sorry. I forgot that the ban reason is visible in the ban details, so it's not a big problem then :)

I understand what you mean that you can't freeze/kick them fast enough, but honestly with an admin panel that's really not easily possible, you'll be dead before you press p despite how fast the mouse moves :P

You should try and script simple /kick and /ban commands for that purpose, that would be much much easier to use when you're under attack and it's not too hard either.

I understand what you mean that you can't freeze/kick them fast enough, but honestly with an admin panel that's really not easily possible, you'll be dead before you press p despite how fast the mouse moves :P

You should try and script simple /kick and /ban commands for that purpose, that would be much much easier to use when you're under attack and it's not too hard either.

Yeah I agree with you. But the problem at the moment is, that there doesn't seem to be any kind of ID system for players. So you would probably have to type /kick , which also takes alot of time. The admin panel features are good if you are spectating for example and going through the players.

Yeah I agree with you. But the problem at the moment is, that there doesn't seem to be any kind of ID system for players. So you would probably have to type /kick , which also takes alot of time. The admin panel features are good if you are spectating for example and going through the players.

True, I've suggested ID's and they said that they could be scripted, no idea how though.

Altho I think I saw an ID script on the forum, I dont't remember the thread name tho, search around.

In the next version of the panel console commands are possible and are customizable, you can make it to be '/k ' to kick player without coding anything

Thanks for the information lil Toady, I'm sure such kind of feature will be very handy. Anyway since my first post, I've figured out one more suggestion.

Player, vehicle and weapon lists in alphabetical order

I know that it is possible to set the playerlist into alphabetical order now already, but I think it should be in alphabetical order by default so you could find a specific player immidiately. The weapon and vehicle lists should be in alphabetical order also, as it now takes pretty long to find exactly the weapon or vehicle that you want to spawn.

• 3 weeks later...
Player, vehicle and weapon lists in alphabetical order

I know that it is possible to set the playerlist into alphabetical order now already, but I think it should be in alphabetical order by default so you could find a specific player immidiately. The weapon and vehicle lists should be in alphabetical order also, as it now takes pretty long to find exactly the weapon or vehicle that you want to spawn.

I would disagree with you here. Allready the Panel allows you to select IF you want or NOT the order to be set by default OR alphabetical order, wich is pretty fine for anyone. While making it alphabetical for all is, I fully agree, good for Vehicles BUT not for Weapons. I really appreciate the order in wich the Weapons are displayed, they fit the rather general ordering that normally is applied for thoses weapons.

And if you make it go on Alphabetical by default, there's no coming back to that Misc Ordering anymore. While the way it is ATM, you just have to click over the top section to have it displayed in Alphabetical order!

I really prefer it this way, so that it pleases both of us.

I would disagree with you here. Allready the Panel allows you to select IF you want or NOT the order to be set by default OR alphabetical order, wich is pretty fine for anyone. While making it alphabetical for all is, I fully agree, good for Vehicles BUT not for Weapons. I really appreciate the order in wich the Weapons are displayed, they fit the rather general ordering that normally is applied for thoses weapons.

Well at the moment you only have the option to sort the player list in alphabetical order, but not the weapon and vehicle lists. I don't personally find any logic in the current sorting orders of the weapon and vehicle list. They might be useful only after spending hours and hours on studying the lists and remembering them out from your mind. Instead, if they were in alphabetical order it would be easy to find the correct item for any admin, new and old ones.

While the way it is ATM, you just have to click over the top section to have it displayed in Alphabetical order!

That is true, but it requires you to sort the list again from time to time, as when new players join the server the admin panel doesn't sort them in alphabetic order automatically and you have to keep clicking the button at the top all the time.

[...]Well at the moment you only have the option to sort the player list in alphabetical order, but not the weapon and vehicle lists. [...]
While the way it is ATM, you just have to click over the top section to have it displayed in Alphabetical order!

That is true, but it requires you to sort the list again from time to time, as when new players join the server the admin panel doesn't sort them in alphabetic order automatically and you have to keep clicking the button at the top all the time.

Strange? It does work fine for me?

When I first join my Server, my lists are all on Default (wich for Weapons is under a logical order but for the car, seems really useless) but once I manually pressed on the top section over the list to sort VEHICLES and NAMES, it stays that way until I close the game, reguardless if new player joins or such.

Strange? It does work fine for me?

When I first join my Server, my lists are all on Default (wich for Weapons is under a logical order but for the car, seems really useless) but once I manually pressed on the top section over the list to sort VEHICLES and NAMES, it stays that way until I close the game, reguardless if new player joins or such.

Ok, guess I have to try it again. Maybe there's something that I've missed.

EDIT: Yeah, I checked it out and it seems that you can sort also vehicle and weapon lists in alphabetic order, just need to click the empty space above the list.