Roleplay script please

Guest Jacc0s

Can anyone make or port the roleplay script from sa-mp to mta sa? Or make a new and better one? I'd like to see the one from WTFman.com Good Fellas Role Play server on sa-mp that one is the best.

all like that.. :)

wait a time

much people is working in RP scripts (example: argonath rpg)

:fadein:

to bad they got 8 year old power hungry admins. huh?

=)

Better as old guys who can not forget the past huh :roll:

all like that.. :)

wait a time

much people is working in RP scripts (example: argonath rpg)

:fadein:

to bad they got 8 year old power hungry admins. huh?

=)

Better as old guys who can not forget the past huh :roll:

they're still here, so obviously it ain't the past.

but anyway, there's like 4 people wanting a rpg script here, why don't you guys just get together and try and make something, with 4 people I'm sure you can get quite far.

I just hate it when people make their scripts private. I mean the MTA team worked their asses off making this modification, releasing it to everyone and not keeping it private ... Releasing the script to the public makes people able to learn from them, coding their own or improving them and that's what makes a good community.

I just hate it when people make their scripts private. I mean the MTA team worked their asses off making this modification, releasing it to everyone and not keeping it private ... Releasing the script to the public makes people able to learn from them, coding their own or improving them and that's what makes a good community.

nobody is forced to make their scripts public, when somebody spends 100 hours on a gamemode (coding, testing etc) they wouldn't like it if some 11 year old nub stole their work and release it somewhere else claiming it their own

also people like exclusive stuff (because that attracts more players to their server)

I don't get your point, szlend. The MTA Team released, and at all made, this mod because they WANTED to release it to the public, that's their primary goal - letting people play MTA and let everyone host a server.

Now, from my point of view (since i'm working on public enemy no.1: legends), I wouldn't release this script ever. I'm aware it might not be stable, it might be buggy, but that's why I am here and working on it. If there was noone working on the server, so the script wouldn't get used, I'd sure agree with you it would be better to have people expanding/improving it. But right now, I want this as an exclusive mod for my server - so people keep playing on MY server when they want to play MY gamemode, not on any other server that has nothing to do with mine. So I serve them exclusive content, ie. my script, which I've put A LOT OF WORK into - all on my daily free time, I AM NOT GETTING PAID FOR IT.

So it's just the minimum expectation a scripter might have when not releasing his script - having other people like it and play on their server, and a unique script, which is (as norby said), attracting to more players than a script on hundreds of servers.

As I've released another script, mabako-services, this is yet another one i COULD have kept for my own, but I didn't do so. It's very easy to explain why - it's useful to probably a lot of people, it expands gameplay and it cooperates well with (good coded) modes, but yet something I've spent time on. But the point here is that it will probably be used by a lot of people, and is useful for a lot of servers with DIFFERENT modes - this makes it enjoyable.

When releasing public enemy no.1 legends, it would just be the same gameplay, the same stuff and all the same things you're certainly doing. But I've put hours of work into it to make it a good gamemode and want people not to use it (like mabako-services), to have their own (maybe modified) script or to have the script, at all. I want to keep it private to my server, to get players and not just being a quick-pick for some servers because it's a great/cool/nice script while making the variety of gamemodes smaller and not getting me anything in exchange for the time I've put in.

So, to summarize it: You won't get large RP modes, or great/cool/nice other gamemodes just because you want them. It's up to the authors, some may hand it out if you pay them a certain amount of money for the work they've put in, some might do that for free, and some will never release it as it's a script for their yet great server.