Serious graphics bug

d0c

Hi,

I'm experiencing severe graphical errors in MTA (Deathmatch and Race, all versions). Just take a look at the screenshot:

mtaerror.PNG

Kinda hard to explain, it's like the game view is colorfully fading from normal view to a white screen randomly in-game, with just the HUD and MTA overlays staying intact. Please notice that the map is gone while the black mapview background is still visible, whereas the health/time/money HUD is perfectly intact. When dismissing a menu (like F9), the contents will quickly fade to white with fonts appearing blurry for a short time instead of just disappearing.

Here are my observations:

• Seems to be dependant on view direction, pressing Q/E while in a car restores the normal view, while when releasing the key it immediatly fades white again
  • In Race, this was perfectly reproducable and depended on the current position in the map, when driving over a certain point, the screen went white
  • In addition to the screen distortion, collision detection seemed to get turned off, as I fell through the floor and drowned
  • In Race, it happended esp. on custom-made maps, in DM I see no relation
  • It only happens on my PC (config see below), not on my NB
  • Window mode on or off has no influence
  • No problems in single-player or SA*P
  • This it not a crash, when the screen is restored I can continue playing normally

Heres my system config, as I said, I've seen this error solely on this system:

• Windows XP x64
  • Intel Core2Duo 6400
  • ATI Radeon X1950XT 512MB
  • 4GB RAM
  • Latest ATI drivers, but it happended with many different versions

I would appreciate any help on this, as it's really annoying to drown 10 times at the same spot until I finally manage to get over it by holding Q/E sideview ;). And please no comments like "Get rid of XP x64" or "Get a real graphics card", I have no similar issues in any other game so this error is definitely MTA-related.

Yeah, I suspected XP x64 as well (noticed the bold?), but I didn't try 32bit yet as I didn't feel like repartitioning my harddrive. Perhaps I'll try when I find time for it. But I think it should be possible to fix this issue, I would gladly help on nailing it down ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I get this everytime i enter a bike, dunno why.

Same. Has there been any progress on solving this ? I've tried a fresh install of GTA + MTA and it still always happens to me. I've made a quick

to demonstrate.

1. I use a sanchez to show it's all OK

2. I spawn a bmx and get on it - at this point the bike just starts moving on it's own

3. When the bike comes to rest I push forward and get the white-out - this is the first time I try to control the bike.

This is on WindowsXP 32bit / nVidia 8800GTS and this is the dumb server code - as you can see there's nothing there to screw up the bike.

addEventHandler("onPlayerJoin",getRootElement(), 
    function() 
        joinHandler(source) 
    end 
) 

addEventHandler("onPlayerWasted",getRootElement(), 
    function() 
        setTimer(joinHandler,5000,1,source) 
    end 
) 

function joinHandler(player) 
    fadeCamera(player,true) 
    spawnPlayer(player,math.random(10) * 3,math.random(10) * 3,5) 
end 

addCommandHandler('bmx', 
    function(player,cmd) 
        local x,y,z = getElementPosition(player) 
        createVehicle(481,x+5,y,z+1) 
    end 
) 

addCommandHandler('mv', 
    function(player,cmd,id) 
        local x,y,z = getElementPosition(player) 
        createVehicle(id,x+5,y,z+1) 
    end 
)