/votekick ''""'""''"'"";';';.

Guest black_man

first i'd like to say that mta: sa dm is a great success and only in it's preview stage. much better than sa-mp i think, although sa-mp is still great (not to mention was the only mp sa mod [that you can shoot people in] for years). thank you for all the hard work that was put in.

however this issue has come to mind on more than one occasion. i hate it that some asshole will come in with a name like """'""'''"''""', and in order to votekick you have to write that whole thing out, instead of a number.

does anyone have the patience to write down the guy's name and then votekick?

is it possible to implement an ID system like in the glorious SA-MP? I was just in little whiteys and there was a minigun dickhead. i was going to votekick him but gave up because his name was just like the one in the title (that's " and ' for those inattentive). there's no way to type and look at the TAB screen at the same time.

what is easier?

/votekick '""'"""'''""''

/votekick 12

i think the latter is better. (sorry if this is in the wrong forum)

well, your right...

but maybe just goto console (F8) ..

if the >stupid name< appears at least one time you just need to select, copy and paste..

if you do commands in console you don't need the / in front of the command.. just "votekick ... " (well, you allready know that)

thanks, it will be easier now

here's a real shitter:

i votekicked the same guy twice before he got to do anything, then he came in with a space for a name. i tried "/votekick[space][space]" and that obviously did not work

next release has got to have an ID system. i remember in SA-MP all i had to do was press TAB and remember two digits.

Ah.. there it is. Incompetence. Now why the hell did the guy was able to mini gun you?

If you don't want people on YOUR server to NOT kill you. DISABLE the damn weapons and the vehicles with one. If you don't know how... put a damn password on your server to keep those people out. If you leave all the rights on. What do you expect?? That the guy will gently look at you and kiss you? Fuck that.. he'll pull out that fat gun and shove a few rounds up your ass. And he should do it. Why? because you are a whiner. Can't accept the fact that people can kill you on a server?... try one where they can't...

just can't take this crap anymore... learn to read wikis and manuals people...

BTW. LittleWhitney's Freeroam server ISN'T exactly freeroam only. It is more than possible to kill you on it. Ask it's admin to make the server so that the players are invincible. That way you'll have your little sandbox and you'll be able to play with your little doll.

ID's would be great though. For rpg servers for exemple. Where you sometime need to "enforce" some ground rules. But any server where it is possible to kill someone should disable that damn votekick... to shut the mouth of all the little kids who whines.

Have fun wuss.

Kemeros

Hey, thanks for all the uncalled-for insults

Did i ever state that I was disappointed about being killed? I read my post over, maybe i somehow hinted at it... nope. See, the only way to get a minigun in littlewhiteys is by cheating. I killed people, yeah, flew around with the rc baron shooting people. this guy, however, was making rockets, too.

Yep, i'm a whiner. I suppose we should allow cheating and all that, right? retard

Anti cheat is on it's way... Calling someone a minigun Dickhead... shows some disappointment yes. I'm just pissed off at the idea of making votekick easier.... People kick people over and over again sometimes for stupid things like being run over. It's making the job easy for the whiners. That's all.

anyway... mta will do what they gotta do about this i guess.

Kemeros

Votekick is useless, as the player can join back in with two clicks.

But the point is, MTA is based on a system of different elements, and not playerids. However, you can script playerids in via tables and such, so feel free to try.

Back to my first point, votekick is kinda useless. I'd say make it a 5 minute ban kinda kick, cause most of the time they rejoin straight away and try to kick you. Damn idiots.

I do agree that warps would be easier with IDs. A suggestion for the votekick though: Make it so you need 3 people to do /votekick on a person to lauch the vote. That way, you prevent whiners to kick you for no reason. Since if 3 people or more are all asking for you to be kicked/banned. You must have done something wrong right?

EDIT: made a post about this int he suggestion forum: viewtopic.php?f=96&t=21650

Kemeros

I do agree that warps would be easier with IDs. A suggestion for the votekick though: Make it so you need 3 people to do /votekick on a person to lauch the vote. That way, you prevent whiners to kick you for no reason. Since if 3 people or more are all asking for you to be kicked/banned. You must have done something wrong right?

EDIT: made a post about this int he suggestion forum: viewtopic.php?f=96&t=21650

Kemeros

Great idea kemeros! In that way, you perhaps make things less easy for after-kick-comebacks to votekick their kicker :D

Edited by Guest

If ID could be added, it would be much easier when text in console would not move and deselect when something is added on chat...

Sometimes, when there are many people on the sever, and everybody is talking, it hard to copy nick when text in console is going mad :roll:

I hope you know what I mean...

Sorry for my weak english :oops:

If ID could be added, it would be much easier when text in console would not move and deselect when something is added on chat...

Sometimes, when there are many people on the sever, and everybody is talking, it hard to copy nick when text in console is going mad :roll:

I hope you know what I mean...

Sorry for my weak english :oops:

Hmm... Well I've already got the beginning's of an ID script operational, basic kicking by ID is already there. If there is still demand for it, I'll work on it Saturday and try and get it working with votekick etc.

Interested?

Cloudy

Please continue work! I would be more than glad to help you if you want it. I really want an ID system for my Free Roam.

Right, I'll continue it. I'll be starting on it Saturday, Sunday, or Monday :P

If I don't end up finishing it within the next week, I'll release the code for you to do with it what you wish.

At present it:

• Assigns each player an ID from 1 to 200
  • When a player leaves the server, or get's their ID reassigned, it frees up the ID from the pool
  • Allows admin's to set a player's ID - but only if it's not an already taken ID. It also allows you to set an ID outside the range - 1337 was a good test one ;)
  • Allows people with access to kick players by ID
  • Adds a new column on the scoreboard for ID's
  • Displays ID in player chat - but unfortunately it also does the same thing which team based games and anything that change the player nick colour does - meaning that you get double messages. The only way to fix this, is to either disable the function in my script (I'm thinking of detecting when resources start, and disabling the feature if it's one which does this) or to remove the offending lines of script from the game mode.

What I'm planning to add is:

• Banning by IP
  • Banning by serial
  • Integration with votekick (either by editing the votekick script, or by interfacing with it if it has any exportable functions)
  • Temporary ban on kick by script, to stop people from rejoining straight away. (Although, that could possibly be a better function for another script)
  • An exportable function for scripters, getPlayerByID() (most of the work is already in place for this)

If you have any suggestions, please let me know :)

Cloudy

Well, there is only one relevant external function at the moment, and that is getPlayerByID(ID). Does exactly what it says on the tin, gets a player object from an ID. If the ID/Player doesn't exist, it returns false.

I won't get chance to even go near the code until Monday.

PM by ID is easy, I'll do that.

Cloudy

Well, there is only one relevant external function at the moment, and that is getPlayerByID(ID). Does exactly what it says on the tin, gets a player object from an ID. If the ID/Player doesn't exist, it returns false.

I won't get chance to even go near the code until Monday.

PM by ID is easy, I'll do that.

Cloudy

Yay! thanks :D

Just an update. Done quite a bit of work on it today. Vote kicking is now operational. Also added another command, getPlayerFromNickOrID. Which basically, does what it says on the tin. This way, you can easily have scripts which work with both nick's and ID's!

I MAY have a release sometime in the next few hours; depends how well the scripting goes.

Cloudy