The name: MTA:SA Deathmatch

Hi everyone,

Ok, I think some of you might find this topic as a ridiculous one, but I would like to draw the developers' attention to the name of their multiplayer mod.

Okay, so as far as I know, the official name of the SA multiplayer mod is MTA:SA Deathmatch. Well, there's nothing wrong if you plan to host a pure deathmatch server. But as many of you probably know, the popularity of RPG servers have increased radically during the past year or so.

Well, there are dozens of RPG servers running based on the SA:MP multiplayer mod and I think the same will be for MTA:SA. Generally deathmatching is strictly forbidden on RPG servers. Therefore the name MTA:SA Deathmatch would be misleading and confusing.

Therefore I would like to request renaming to mod to just simply MTA:SA (without the Deatmatch). The previously released Race version could be called MTA:SA Race as it is now.

This is just one suggestion. Please let us hear yours!

Thank you!

RPG is more of an add-on to the MTA theme, whether people agree with me or not. The primary focus should always be what GTA has given us since day one, the ability to have a stack load of firearms and cause mayhem.

The word Deathmatch should be used as the frontline to introduce new players into the community because of how GTA is originated.

I also find that the name is misleading, people that want to play more styles of modes (like RP for example) may disregard MTA since they think it's just simple deathmatch. Although Deathmatch IS the main focus, and I don't think the team is just going to go ahead and change their mods name after it's already been released :?

Although another suffix may have been nice, I can't think of any right now myself :P

RPG is more of an add-on to the MTA theme, whether people agree with me or not. The primary focus should always be what GTA has given us since day one, the ability to have a stack load of firearms and cause mayhem.

The word Deathmatch should be used as the frontline to introduce new players into the community because of how GTA is originated.

i agree 100%

I think the name is definately misleading, and it was probably named this way because the community used it to distiguish the new mod from MTA:SA Race. The scripting system provides unlimited possibilities for gamemodes, not just DM or RPG. With the variety of gamemodes that can be created, it is by far the most open-ended multiplayer game I have ever seen. In fact, you could probably incorporate any multiplayer game out there into MTA:SA DM in one way or another.