release delay?

you have said that the release is going to be moday (tomorow) or something like that but i suppose that isnt happening. or is it gonna be a prerealese just as o.3. let me know

yes i know but if ijsvogel is away there is a release delay but how are you guys gonna fix this ijsvogel is responsble for the release

0.3.5, the official release, is coming out when we are ready. We are getting closer to being "finished" the 0.3.5 code for GTA3 and will move on to VC. We hope that the transfer between the two will not be that hard, as most of the work will be in the main.scm (which is fairly easy).

The current Client supports both GTA3 and VC and does not have the new or old netcode, but a hybrid between the two. We have opted this way as it was a lot easier to implement what we have already done then go through all of the troubles when implementing the new netcode. The new netcode will still be implemented and tested for stability, but most likely not for 0.3.5.

As of right now, we have weapon model syncing along with firing / reloading / etc.. (everything but the damn Y-axis). We also have player syncing with most of the animations and car syncing with pretty much everything but the in / out animation. We have a lot working and are trying to fine tune it to be releasable.

But, as I said before, we still want to switch over the VC version and see about making it work properly with the new client (basic support is in, just not all)

So with the syncing you're talking about, I'm guessing that means no lag then? Or is this "hybrid" code not quite good enough for that? I wish I knew what to do to get my friend involved in this project, but until he himself wants to help, there is not much point in continuing the chase.

Anyway, I do hope that MTA 0.3.5 will be released within the next two months or so, do you think that'd be a fair thing to expect? Or is it very possible that it'll be much longer than that?

Unfortunately, my addiction to GTA3 & VC has been dying down lately, but I do still play it every now & then (atm I'm plotting down all rampages/jumps/packages in GTA3, and am at least 1/2 way of doing that in VC - as in, I have 80 packages & 30 rampages & 20 jumps marked). Now it's just a matter of actually finishing the lot :)

• 2 weeks later...

remember the 'edit' button prostheticwilly :P

it's IRC... (if you have no clue what that is, run over to http://www.mirc.com and get mIRC... then try to figure it out)

the address is irc.multitheftauto.com the main channel is #gta3mta (you should automatically be added to that channel when you join the IRC server though)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yea, i was wondering the same, as i couldn't help but notice that mta:vc 0.2 screen shots are posted, and progress got higher on the counter, and gta 3 0.35 seems to have come to a halt completly, from the site i figure they both use the same netcode, so i'm guessing there just figuring out all the animations for vc then do the animations for gta3, then they'll add new features, although i'm guessing i'm wrong with that to...and the new version of ggm seemed very impressive to me :) i know traffic and that not sync'd, but its fun getting the army onto u, steeling a tank and running over other peoples cars :) *may have anger managment issues:p*