[REL][GM] Tankjack-MTA v3.0

chiefwhosm

Hi,

The download link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/86399387/Ta ... 0.zip.html

The game mode idea:

I was thinking what fun it would be to make the Vice City mission where you have to steal the tank and make it a team deathmatch gameplay where each teams' members would need to co-operate to complete the task.

The game mode is as follows:

1) There are two teams, Grove Street OG & the Armed Forces.

2) The Armed Forces are taking a new piece of military equipment (the rhino tank) in convoy from one military goverened location to a Military Compound.

3) The Grove Street OG must hijack the tank and take it to their own Depot, while of course the Armed Forces must not lose the tank, and if they do must get it back.

4) The Armed Forces have (slightly) better weapons at their disposal but slower moving vehicles. The Grove Street OGs have very fast cars and bikes and (slightly - for the most part) lower weapons.

5) Team work and co-operation are the key to successfully capturing the tank. The first team to get the tank back to their own depot wins the round.

6) There are many civilian vehicles dotted round all the cities,towns and villages, just in case you're unfortunate enough to have your vehicle destroyed and have to proceed on foot, you can hijack or requisition the vehicles.

If you find yourself far from one of these vehicles you can open the console and type:

moped

-or-

dinghy

Changes:

Version 3.0. (-Current-)

------------------------

Added Aesthetics to in-game notifications (text).

Added music support code (disabled till functions are enabled by MTA devs).

Added new Tankjack map (tj3-lv), smaller playing area, more furious battles.

Fixed rather bad cheat exploit in code.

Changed naming convention of .lua and .map files (tj3 from tankjack).

Add radar blips over all static vehicles for easier civilian vehicle finding.

Fixed bug where players leaving the tank would lose their weapon fire ability in other vehicles.

Fixed moped/dinghy spawning to random players rather than spawner.

Version 2.0.

------------

Fixed multiple tank spawn bug.

Fixed teams able to score at oppositions depot.

Created a team scoring system.

Version 1.0.

------------

Initial Release

Also thanks go to the following people:

Brophy for Capture The Vehicle.

eAi for the explanation over events and other help.

Spamslayer for coding help.

KewlAzMe for Beta testing.

Azed for staying on public server and helping us Beta testing.

The MTA Team for the Development Previews.

Chief.

Edited by Guest
There was one major bug which we think we caught, where you got 2 tanks on round 2, 3 on 3........ :D

right, that bug is still there and it does create a laggy mess around the tank spawn from round 10 on.

Nice idea tho - should be good fun once you fixed it.

Maybe you can do several spawns for the tank spread around the map a bit (like in Brophy's capture the vehicle) which are all just a bit closer for the army to reach than for the grove...

right, that bug is still there and it does create a laggy mess around the tank spawn from round 10 on.

Always annoying when you *think* it's gone, and then it returns to haunt :D Currently looking into it (again). One problem is it seems to only happen with more than one player in a game :shock: Can you tell me if it only happened if the tank got destroyed? or did it happen on captures too.

Maybe you can do several spawns for the tank spread around the map a bit (like in Brophy's capture the vehicle) which are all just a bit closer for the army to reach than for the grove...

I did plan on doing this in a different map for TankJack, this is why I named the current map as tankjack-classic, a true remake of the original sa-mp version. I left the code that CTV uses in the game mode so anyone can use random spawns if they wish to make their own map :)

A few comments on your script:

- It's nice to see a gamemode written properly - separating the map from the script :)

- It looks like you could attach the playerExitVehicle and playerEnterVehicle functions directly to the 'van' element. This would avoid your if ( vehicle == van ) check and would be faster

- You can attach your markerHit function to your capture1 and capture2 elements, again saving a check.

- Your showTextForAll is inefficient. The point of the text display system is that it's flexible and is designed to allow you to show the same text to multiple players at once, you can just create the text display once then do textDisplayAddObserver for each individual player you want to see it. You can avoid storing the currDisplay, currTextItem and currTextItemShadow this way as all are shared between all the players. If you do want to store them you can use setElementData.

- Again, vehicleExplode can be attached to your van element

- Your client side code is a bit of a mess, could do with some better indenting :)

Otherwise it's good :)

Always annoying when you *think* it's gone, and then it returns to haunt :D Currently looking into it (again). One problem is it seems to only happen with more than one player in a game :shock: Can you tell me if it only happened if the tank got destroyed? or did it happen on captures too.

1. I havent played this on an empty server yet so there were always more than 3 players on when this happened.

2. The Tank never got destroyed - the max health loss i spectated was from 1000% to something around 800%. I think in general, the Rhino Tank is almost impossible to destroy, especially when it's being guarded by a convoy including hunters and hydras. So The bug happened after the army scored the tank and the 2nd round began - the problem is: the 2nd tank spawning in the first tank caused both of them to explode so that round 3 started, all tanks exploded again, round 4 - as above, and then in round 5 eventually 1 tank didnt explode, i drove it to the army camp but it wouldn't score since there were still 4 other tanks at the start...

especially when it's being guarded by a convoy including hunters and hydras.

uhhh, there arent any hydras in the mode :shock: I however got chased along the road with my hunter guards taking pot shots at me till my tank went on fire :x

The problem has now been fixed and tested on my own public server with 2 other people. After several rounds the issue never happened. One major bug was however found which is now being worked upon.

So ! Here it is, the mode no one's been waiting for :lol: TankJack-MTA V3.0. :)

Okay, so what's new in V3.0.

Well firstly you'll be pleased to hear that this version includes a new map (tj3-lv) to play. The map takes place solely in Las Venturas, the teams are closer, as are the bases.

Secondly there was one really bad exploit found in the code (from all previous versions) which is why any server running older versions of the script should update to V3.0. It won't affect private servers so much as public ones, but either way it's always a good idea to upgrade to the latest version anyway :D

Thirdly, I have put car blips on all static (non-occupied) vehicles, to make it easier to find them when lost on foot etc.

Fourthly, I've finally fixed a bug where players leaving the tank would lose their weapon fire ability in other vehicles.

I've also added nicer looking text for the announcment messages, however I've left old text active in case of client lag not triggering the new messages. Might remove them in later releases, depending on feedback with large numbers of players, and whether any clients fail to see the nicer text.

And finally I've changed the naming convention from 'tankjack' to 'tj3'.

So here is the download url.

http://rapidshare.com/files/86399387/Ta ... 0.zip.html