***NEW*** REAL Freeroam Server Now Online!

Hey guys...

Just thought i would let u know that ive setup a small community based forum for this server, for ideas - bugs etc etc to be reported.

Visit any time u feel bored :P

http://freeroam.mtabeta.com (no activation email is required to signup)

Site seems to be down :? and I love the server, being able to spawn vehicles, teleport anywhere on the map, change CJ clothes, etc.. so easily is awesome :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm kinda new to the whole MTA ... and I seen this post said something about 'freeroam'... I've been looking for a "freeroam/do whatever you want" type of map, other than racing or deathmatch or cops vs robbers. I want to be able to get out of the car, jack another car, fly planes, kill ppl (other online players), that'd be fun. So... I guess I'll try the IP in the beginning of the post and go from there. :?

^ok... what is the resource center??? cuz i bet there's A LOT more ppl that do freeroam < i seen vids of it on youtube... ppl look diff, not everyone looks like cj. There's bums, cops, ballas, etc... but idk...cuz i don't see but one freeroam server on my list atm. :?:?:?

EDIT: I found out how to download the Deathmatch portion, and the freeroam GUI... yet, I noticed that it doesn't respond to my controller, and when I move the mouse, the camera is inverted, and I cannot change it.

- Is there a patch to use a controller?

- How can i invert my mouse cam?

#1 - simpaly no - MTA does not support controllers

#2 - Yes, this is simple:

start GTA like normal (single player way), and goto options, change ur controller type back to Mouse and Keyboard and ur able to configure ur mouse to not be inverted in mouse settings.

exit the game, go back to MTA and everything should be fine.

Sometimes the mouse does not hook into the game, and your not able to move your camera once in game - to fix this just hold ALT and press Tab, then left click.

Hope this helps.

#1 - simpaly no - MTA does not support controllers

this is a semi-truth: True, MTA doesnt support controllers itself, however there IS a programme you can use with MTA to make your controller work, you can find it here

all you need to do is run it, define your controls, save the profile and then start MTA.

Note you will have to start your controller profile every time before you start MTA.