Fraps laggs my game help!

ArtG818

whenever i press f9 while in single player or multi the game starts to lag but after when im finished recording the game becomes normal..is there any solution to this? also i bought my comp like 2 weeks ago so its in a really good condition.

thanx in advance! 8)

You bought a PC 2 weeks ago, but that doesn't mean it's good :) Post some hardware info

AMD Athlon Dual-Core 64 x2 5200+

4 GB DDR2 PC-6400 Low-Latency Ram

eVga nVidia 8800 GTS 512 (new version)

7,200rpm 500GB HD

On an Asus M2N68-LA (Nvidia nforce430) Motherboard running Windows Vista Home Premium.

also bought it for $3500.

any ideas why it lags? :(

lol did u even read my post?

Yes. I read this 3times. I have same problem. When i started recording, my game(GTA3:P) had about 15FPS. But it was on my old PC. On this PC i dont tried fraps then i dont know.

Hummm...Your PC is good. Maybe problem is in operating system?

Okay. Try running fraps at Core1 and MTA and SA at Core0. Set fraps to "half size" and if you don´t need sound disable sound-sync while setting fps-rate to 25. If you have more than one hard-disc-drive (not partitions) save the video-file neither at the hd where windows and/or GTA is installed, this will avoid short lags during record. This all should incredible rise your fraps-fps.

Okay. Try running fraps at Core1 and MTA and SA at Core0. Set fraps to "half size" and if you don´t need sound disable sound-sync while setting fps-rate to 25. If you have more than one hard-disc-drive (not partitions) save the video-file neither at the hd where windows and/or GTA is installed, this will avoid short lags during record. This all should incredible rise your fraps-fps.

omg thanx that help alot (even thoug it still laggs but not that much as it did before :D now it movie time :P