Running MTASA and MTADM together

For the time being this will work:

There is only a difference of four files between MTA:SA and MTA:DM so use the following steps to run both.

1. Create a folder in your Program Files directory called Multi Theft Auto

2. Install MTA:SA into c:\program files\Multi Theft Auto\MTASA

3. Navigate to your Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Single Game directory

4. Navigate into the MTA folder located in the folder in step 3

5. Create a folder called "SA Files" and a folder called "DM Files"

6. Copy the following files into "SA Files"

core.dll

game_sa.dll

multiplayer_sa.dll

net.dll

7. Install MTA:DM into c:\program files\Multi Theft Auto\MTADM

8. Navigate to your Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Single Game directory

9. Navigate into the MTA folder located in the folder in step 3

10. Copy the following files into "DM Files"

core.dll

game_sa.dll

multiplayer_sa.dll

net.dll

Next download the zip file and extract the batch and reg files. Download: http://files.filefront.com/MTA+SA+DMzip ... einfo.html

The first line in each batch file copies the required files each time you run SA or DM. You may need to change the path to point to your GTA San Andreas Single Game installation. The second line in each batch file starts the game (SA or DM)

11. Open each regedit file in the the zip and edit the setting path to point to your MTA:SA and MTA:DM folders. The batch files will change the settings silently.

12. The batch files and reg files just need to be in the same directory but can be placed anywhere.

13. Make sure your username and serial are not in your .reg files

After all is set up just click on whichever batch file to run SA or DM. If I get time I'll code a VB switch that sets everything up.

Edited by Guest

Aren't you just able to have 2 separate installations? 1 for DM and 1 for Race

I'm pretty sure I have a folder in "C:\Program files\MTA San Andreas" with DM in it and a sub-folder in that which has race and that seems to work for me :S

I haven't played race thoroughly since then though, but I know I can start it and get to the menu

grrr @ having to enter my userid and pass again to post a topic.

Anyway......

Race and DM both use an MTA folder which is placed in your single game folder, normally c:\program files\Rockstar Games\San Andreas.

In addition, both use the same files within that MTA folder, the only differences are that four of the files have been modifed for the newer interface

Last is a registry value that both use which sets the path to your MTA SA or MTA DM mod.

So basically both are competing for the same filenames and at least one registry value.

The above procedure lets you place the copies of required files in in separate directories. When you execute the MTASA or MTADM batch files, the necessary registry change is made and necessary files copied.

I created shortcuts to the batch files and changed the icons to match SA and DM.

I'm assuming that once the bugs are worked out in DM that everyone may migrate, but the current ! commands that ppl have coded in have to be re-written.

grrr @ having to enter my userid and pass again to post a topic.

Anyway......

Race and DM both use an MTA folder which is placed in your single game folder, normally c:\program files\Rockstar Games\San Andreas.

In addition, both use the same files within that MTA folder, the only differences are that four of the files have been modifed for the newer interface

Last is a registry value that both use which sets the path to your MTA SA or MTA DM mod.

So basically both are competing for the same filenames and at least one registry value.

The above procedure lets you place the copies of required files in in separate directories. When you execute the MTASA or MTADM batch files, the necessary registry change is made and necessary files copied.

I created shortcuts to the batch files and changed the icons to match SA and DM.

I'm assuming that once the bugs are worked out in DM that everyone may migrate, but the current ! commands that ppl have coded in have to be re-written.

If you install the 2 different mods in separate folders would that at least resolve the files issue? Then, only the registry would be a problem. I wonder if in the next DM release there could be a change to what registry values are changed :? I know that there is race in DM, but I prefer the Race platform that has been perfect for racing since it came out ;)