MTA DM DP 2

In DP1 any changes made to accounts.xml and acl.xml were wiped if the server restarted. Ban and kick didn't work either. So in DP 2 I'm understadning the the ban function works, but not the kick function. Also I was able to login to the ResourceBrowser with username "Console" however that does not work anymore. Even if I change the pwd.

Any thoughts?

In DP1 any changes made to accounts.xml and acl.xml were wiped if the server restarted. Ban and kick didn't work either. So in DP 2 I'm understadning the the ban function works, but not the kick function. Also I was able to login to the ResourceBrowser with username "Console" however that does not work anymore. Even if I change the pwd.

Any thoughts?

are you saying the kick function doesnt work work or is that a question? the ban functions shouldn't crash now, there is still the problem with the xml files although a very quick search on the forum would find you a way round it (and no it isn't just making it read only) and the "Console" login has been disable as it was a security risk, in dp1 anybody could of accessed your server knowing that this account existed, just make your own account and login with that

Ok I read about the XML files and got that part solved. Might be a good idea to update the server manual on the setup page to say that you need to modify the files with the server not running. Although that does create a problem for busy servers that need to add admins on the fly.

too add admins on the fly, get them to join the server , then get them to /register

after they have /registered, they can /login with the password they set

then another admin can just click "give admin rights" to that user in the admin control panel.

wala, admin added without restarting the server.