Forum suggestions

Guest SidViciousII

Question

Hi, I'm a newbie to MTA SA DM, come over from SAMP, and I love your beta. Great job. :) But I have some suggestions for the forums.

With all due respect, and gratitude for the forums you have provided, please make them like the SAMP ones which are very nice. These ones are a bit of a mess.

MTA SA DM needs a forum devoted only to MTA SA DM from scratch. All these old threads are'nt helping.

Also not allowing guests to view the forums is a bad idea, as all it does is put people off from registering. If you let them see what's going on in here they will be more tempted to register.

A devoted fan.

14 answers to this question

• MTA Team

what areas are closed for guests? Permissions have always been set to allow guests to view topics and a quick test didn't show me any forum that is closed for them.

The forums have been split into categories, one for each current release. The DP, race (which will be trunkated in the future) and 0.5, all olders ones are in the archive.

what areas are closed for guests? Permissions have always been set to allow guests to view topics and a quick test didn't show me any forum that is closed for them.

The forums have been split into categories, one for each current release. The DP, race (which will be trunkated in the future) and 0.5, all olders ones are in the archive.

Hmm, I just logged off and tried to view topics myself and it does work, so I dunno why Sid couldn't view them before registering :?

Hmm I only tried it with the gangs section of the forums and that didn't work. Maybe it was an issue on my end.

Well, I can see many like the way the forums are set up. I still have my opinion and suggestions. ;)

Peace.

I don’t see no reason to change the layout only because of what you were previously used too. I would hardly call these forums a mess. The categories are split into their own separate sections with the old and ancient being thrown into the archives pile.

I don’t see no reason to change the layout only because of what you were previously used too. I would hardly call these forums a mess. The categories are split into their own separate sections with the old and ancient being thrown into the archives pile.

I agree, the forums always have been fine and are still fine like how they are now. Everything is nicely sorted.