problem with ctf mode

I was just playing CTF and as much as i love CTF i have to say that CTF got a big bug when u get killed with the flag sometimes u spawn with the flag and it just makes the game king of less fun just thought i should let you guys know :wink:

PS: i think if some one is on b bike they should get of in other to get the flag not just ride in to th flag to take it makes game harder but as you know you cant pick up weapons when your on a bike so i think you shouldn't have the ability to take the flag when your on a bike it would be much more fun if you ask me..

so also my suggestion would be in other to get the flag you would have to get of the bike to get the flag and jump back on the bike :D

what do you guys think ?

o and a cool thing would be if when you have the flag you could hit people with it but thats not a Suggestions forum so I will just shut up :D

I'm aware of the respawning-with-flag bug and have no idea how it happens, as it only started happening after the first dp was released. If anyone has any info on how to reproduce it I would be eternally grateful.

As for the flag being pickable only on vehicles, well, seems logical to me. I'll ask around to see if there's demend for it.

As for the flag being pickable only on vehicles, well, seems logical to me. I'll ask around to see if there's demend for it.

no no i mean get out of the vehicles to take the flag :D i really don't like how u can just take the flag with out getting of the bike or what ever your in it doesn't seem right / fair

ive seen this and had some ideas so i started up a server and tested a few cases.

In the mode goldcove is where i tested this...

**Die by fire or from drowning and you drop the flag but then seemingly pick it up while youre dead and hence the spawning with the flag.

**Trying to leave the game area with the flag and the subsequent death work correctly and Ive looked at the code and I would guess its something in the way you die from fire/drowning.

Id suggest just dropping the flag somewhere other than exactly on top of the player when they die.

Or not do setElementData( player, "col", nil ) until the player has spawned...that way they cant pick it up after death.

suggest just dropping the flag somewhere other than exactly on top of the player when they die.

Or not do setElementData( player, "col", nil ) until the player has spawned...that way they cant pick it up after death.

is this a problem in the mta:dm or in the game ones map?

the underlying problem of why the fire/drown deaths are handled differently maybe a DM problem.

The part you quoted (the fix) is easily fixed in script. I made the changes to my ctf.lua and no longer could get myself to respawn after death with the flag.

the underlying problem of why the fire/drown deaths are handled differently maybe a DM problem.

The part you quoted (the fix) is easily fixed in script. I made the changes to my ctf.lua and no longer could get myself to respawn after death with the flag.

i would like to test that with you :D