[REL] IRC Server Echo

VRocker

I have an interesting problem with it.....

i have edited the file so it joins #PotholeStudios on irc.rizon.net and ofcourse its name was changed to [PS]DM-Relay

that has been the only thing i have changed.

When any resource is started / stopped from in game, it relays this to IRC....

[03:52 AM] [PS]DM-Relay: Resource

all it says when somone joins the game is this...

[03:54 AM] [PS]DM-Relay: *

when somone quits...

[03:54 AM] [PS]DM-Relay: *

when somone says somthing in game, it only relays thier name, and not thier messgae.....

[03:54 AM] [PS]DM-Relay: [PS]DazzaJay[AU]:

and when somone says somthing in the IRC channel, it does not go to the game, it just shows thier message in the server window:

[03:54:06] IRC <> [PS]DazzaJay[AU]: Test Test

there are no error messages shown in the server window, so i have no idea whats wrong with it.

anyone know why this is happening?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tired this earlier on the IRC server you said and got the same problem :?

I'm puzzled to why this happens but i'll look into it. For now though, i'd suggest using another IRC server (gtanet is a nice one :P)

*Update* After a few minutes messing around i fixed the problem :) Just redownload the zip

it works great now, altho i have 1 problem.

the !say command to send messages to people in game, can i turn this off? so all chat messages in IRC is relayed into the game?

mainly because my channel bot allready has an !say command, and it insists on replying every time it is used.

that and with Race, we never had to use !say to talk to players in the game,

how would i go about changing it so you dont have to !say.

Easily done. just change this:

if string.find( szText, "!say" ) == 1 then 
        outputChatBox(szNick .. " [iRC]: " .. string.sub( szText, 6 ) ) 
    elseif string.find( szText, "!players" ) == 1 then 
        ircMessage( pIRC, szChannel, "4There are currently " .. getPlayerCount() .. " players connected" ) 
    end 

to this:

outputChatBox(szNick .. " [iRC]: " .. szText ) 
    if string.find( szText, "!players" ) == 1 then 
        ircMessage( pIRC, szChannel, "4There are currently " .. getPlayerCount() .. " players connected" ) 
    end 

The !say bit can be found under function irc_onPrivMsg( szChannel, szNick, szText ) btw

Event Log....

The application, C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\MTA DM Server\MTA Server.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 01/21/2008 @ 21:11:49.288 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 01406244 (ml_IRCEcho!ShutdownModule)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Dont worry, turned out my VPS didnt have a DNS server listed in the internet connection.

Works fine now.

Altho, i must say, i have found a small issue with it.

If a person has a Number as the first character of thier name, or a number is the first character in any chat message... it changes the font colour.

i have fixed this in my server by adding a space to the end of all colour codes.

nice script but little problem

[12:55:36] Starting IRCEcho 
[12:55:36] Connecting to IRC (<myip>:6667) 
[12:55:36] start: Resource 'ircecho' started 
[12:55:36] IRC Notice <> <myip>: *** Looking up your hostname... 
[12:55:36] IRC Notice <> <myip>: *** Found your hostname 
[12:56:16] IRC Disconnected 

i wont connect but i can connect from my pc

help

Ruby

it looks like your trying to connect to your own ip instead of an IRC network.

where you have blanked out that should be saying the network its connecting to...

like mine says Connecting to IRC (irc.rizon.net:6667)

indeed i connect to my own ip for my own server but.... i should be connect because i can connect with mirc

i have found an interesting issue, i connect a few of my servers to the same IRC channel, to link the chats together, but the script is not colour compadible on inbound chats.....

chatbox.jpg

Coulsd the next ver allow Chat colours from IRC? or remove the colour numbers that show up on inbound chats? (either way would be good, but working colours would be better)

also people joining and quitting the IRC channel are not relayed into the game chat, could this be added also?