Mouselook while driving

trx

Hey guys, got a minor issue here, but I thought I'd point it out anyway. I was playing classic deathmatch, and found that vehicle drivers are allowed driveby shooting by default (mouselook enabled), which is fine, but I have problems controlling the vehicles at high speeds while looking around with the mouse. I found out that if you enter a vehicle with no weapon selected (well, bare hands) you can change the camera to classic GTA modes (follow car direction or whatever) but not when you have a gun as active weapon, then the 'change camera' key simply doesn't seem to work. Also it takes longer to exit a vehicle when you have no weapon selected and the camera set to the default GTA 'behind vehicle' mode, not sure why this is... you're locked in the car much longer than when you have for instance a tec-9 selected before you start driving. This makes it harder to avoid the explosion your car tends to make. :P

Looking forward to the full release :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, got a minor issue here, but I thought I'd point it out anyway. I was playing classic deathmatch, and found that vehicle drivers are allowed driveby shooting by default (mouselook enabled), which is fine, but I have problems controlling the vehicles at high speeds while looking around with the mouse. I found out that if you enter a vehicle with no weapon selected (well, bare hands) you can change the camera to classic GTA modes (follow car direction or whatever) but not when you have a gun as active weapon, then the 'change camera' key simply doesn't seem to work. Also it takes longer to exit a vehicle when you have no weapon selected and the camera set to the default GTA 'behind vehicle' mode, not sure why this is... you're locked in the car much longer than when you have for instance a tec-9 selected before you start driving. This makes it harder to avoid the explosion your car tends to make. :P

Looking forward to the full release :D

Hey trx, nice to see around. Drivebys and their weapon slots are handled by script. Chances are that the "driveby" resource wasnt enabled, which binds the right mouse button to enable and disable driveby mode.

Drop by IRC sometime, ;)

-Talidan