Another guy with a "invalid serial" & other common problems

Guest Pho3niX

okay, so here's the deal

I've downloaded the dp1 client, for the first time today, I launched it to install it, since I was totally new, i selected "create new account", since I didn't have one

Okay it said that a a new windows in browser will open to create an account, so I did, after that i switched back to installer and typed in my username and pw. And after that...

Nothning! Absolutely nothing happens, the installer just closes, period. Okay so I open my my installer again,

Select this time log in with an existing acc, type in my data, and again the installer just closes and nothing happens!

Okay after that i've tried the last option, do not register, installation finally continues then, so I install everything successfully.

Then, I launch the client, and whola, I get a "Invalid serial number. Please reinstall MTA".

Okay... I reinstall it... same error! or Just installer closes if I select to log in with my account (or make a new one and then log in).

I've checked wiki, it says that best way is to avoid serial error is to install it without registration, like I did, but exactly then I get that error, funny eh?

Well I've tried the second option said in wiki, to open up my regedit, and "Username" and "Serial" strings...

I do that, but here's the deal, in the Serial string, I can't write anything because in my profile, at MTA Beta System it says "None" in serial, so I don't type anything or type "none" in the serial string in my registry...

And MTA launches! Well not really, only the loading screen(atleast)... it says "loading" and after a few seconds it just closes and nothing happens.

so here's my problem... I guess I there's no actualy fix to this atm? and I have to wait for a new version of MTADM dp to come out?

Also, I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2, with al lthe latest updates and shit, and I have full Admin access to my PC

get your serial number, go to start > run > regedit and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas/ and make sure the value Username is your username and Serial is your serial. And if they dont exist create and set them.

Umm it's either I don't get what you mean, or you didn't read what I wrote.

How do I get a serial number in regedit? If there are no strings there, I must create them, and when I create them, there is no serial number written, I need to write it in myself.

And how can I write the serial in if I don't know it.

Umm it's either I don't get what you mean, or you didn't read what I wrote.

How do I get a serial number in regedit? If there are no strings there, I must create them, and when I create them, there is no serial number written, I need to write it in myself.

And how can I write the serial in if I don't know it.

Just wait a bit and you will get it on your MTABeta page.

I've got the same problem. I put the strings 'username' and 'serial' in my registry which makes me able to start the game! But when I try to join my local server, the message "Invalid serial" occurs ingame. Thats true, the serial-string in my registry is empty, because I don't get a serial in my mtabeta account page. It says 'None'. Would it be possible to tell me a random serial? I just want to play on my LAN!

Do I get it within 24hrs?

Since they've almost passed, and I still don't have one on the mta beta page

That's really strange! Try to create a new account using the installer and wait a bit after.

Did that twice, no luck, serial line at MTAbeta page still says "None"

EDIT: But maybe that's cause my installer just closes after i select "make new account", make it, and type in my acc info in the installer?

Here, do this

Open Notepad, and put this in the file

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas]

"Username"="John"

"Serial"="XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX"

replace "XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX" with your serial number. (this you get when you login with your account at mtabeta.com)

And Replace John with YOUR username you login with at mtabeta.com

save the file as key.reg <-- and double click the file. then click "Yes" and done.. it should work =)