[?] Where does MTA store player info?

Moonshine

For our server, we need to script in a filter that will be kicking people unless they are on our 'allowed' list. For this, however, our scripter needs to know where does MTA store the player info so he can reach and code in the needed filter.

Help, anyone?

Where does MTA store user information? I can edit the signup script for vBulletin to post their username to the user database for MTA, therefor if they're registered on the forum.. they're registered on the server.

I dunno if its possible as I don't know where the user information is stored and what format, ect.

Well, that didn't tell me anything at all (mainly 'cause I have zero experience with Lua), but hopefully the scripter will understand something. Thanks. . . Erm, but more about what I meant...

For example, we want to create a list of players so only their nicks are allowed to join the server. Obviously, in order to filter and kick the others, this list will needs to be stored somewhere.

I think this 'somewhere' is what we're looking for in this case. Any ideas?

They're stored in accounts.xml. You probably need to add the user to a group in acl.xml too that allows them to join. You may need to create a script that gives them X seconds to login before kicking them.

Alternatively, you can rely on serials and keep a list of serials for your users.