Where do I get gamemodes/maps

Guest toastonrye

Hi, I just installed the developer preview for mta sa.

I made a server, when I join, it says welcome but the screen is black.

I have been looking for quite some time now, and I can't find any gamemodes or maps which come when you install it.

I was unable to find anything in the wiki. I feel I am totally missing something because I can't in anyway find maps or where to put these maps even if I found them.

Any suggestions would really help, I'm very close to one of those "fits of rage".

Thanks.

EDIT: HOW CAN I RUN A GAME MODE? HOW CAN I RUN A MAP? IT DEFAULTS TO A BLANK BLACK SCREEN

Hey to run a game mode just put in "gamemode " in the console window without quotes so if I wanted to do a classic death match I would type"gamemode cdm cdm_ls" to start the gamemode. Also gamemodes some gamemodes don't have maps so you you can do something like "gamemode hay" and it will run it for you. Check your resources folder for the names of the modes, they're pretty easy to figure out. Hope that helps.

Hey thanks for the reply. I'm on a different computer so I am installing it now.

Well thanks again, that worked. I don't know what the hell I did on my XP desktop, but it is working perfectly on my Vista laptop.