General suggestions

Guest Clem

I've seen that other threads are about specific suggestions (race, controller ...), so I make my own one:

1) Make the chat scrollable, support selection, etc... (Important IMO because it concerns every player)

1.5) Allow players to enter a part of the name in /msg [name] and return an error message if the part matches with several players name (actually, I don't know if is is already possible, it just came to my mind ^^)

2) Add OnElementHitGround, OnElementLeaveGround, OnElementHitWater .... (if the server can detect where the ground level is)

3) setPlayerInvicible( thePlayer, bool set, [ bool invicibleToFall]) / isPlayerInvicible / setPlayerInvicibleForPlayer(theInviciblePlayer, thePlayer, bool set) / isPlayerInvicibleForPlayer (same with vehicles)

4) Allow collision shapes to be attached to elements and move with them (or createElementSphereColShape(the element, radius, OffsetX, OffsetY, OffsetZ) )

5) Allow alt-tabbing, at least when disconnected

I've noticed that when you move an object, if you stand on it, you move with it too, but if you attach objects to this object and stand on one of them, you won't move with it. Is there a way to fix that ?

1) Use the console

2) This can be done in script, but could be done internally

3) Already possible, but not with that crappy system - something much more flexible. Use onClientPlayerDamage

4) This is noted, something that can be done in future.

5) Something that will be addressed in future DP releases.

[1] Fix the sliding on custom objects if possible, no fun in fighting if you keep sliding around.

[2] Black screen, something has to be done about it.

[3] /PM, its so annoying to type /pm , players should have ID's infront of their name like in SA-MP.

[4] /votekick, theres always some people who abuse it. Would be great if it gets removed.

[5] Tweak the weapon sync a little more, its good but not that good.

[6] Enable car icons on the map.

[7] When i run into left or right and try to turn my player gets stuck for a second and then moves on. Thats really bad cause the second you get stuck, someone might kill you if you got low health.

[8] On custom race maps start, everybody fell through the ground.

Thats it for now.

[1] this has been mentioned by the qa a number of times

[2] this is a suggestion thread, what do you suggest should be done about it?

[3] make a script so you can use the id of the player

[4] this is a script, stop it running

[5] this has been looked at recently although i'm not sure what came from it

[6] what car icons?

About the long nick problem, I wonder if it could be coded so you'd only have to type a part of the name? Like for example instead of typing "admin_kick ^-_-^%% SUPERHYPERMEGAPROPLAYERS - noob %%^-_-^" you could just type "admin_kick superhyper". Kinda like in amx or admin mod in CS.