FPS and swimming

Guest uhm

Hello,

In my normal GTA:SA I have the framelimiter enabled, because if it is disabled I get 60-110 FPS, which makes me swim very slowly. The regular swimming speed is normal by 25 FPS, so this will make me swim 2-4 times slower. Unfortunately MTA disables the limiter automaticly, and there isn't an option to turn the limiter back on.

A different GTA issue is, that people with high FPS's can descent slower while parachuting, and so reach higher places (we actually tested this on SA:MP), so my suggestion is to force the FPS limiter to 25 (GTA default) or maybe a bit higher, 30-35.

Thanks for the input, it looks like many flaws with the lack of frame limiter, so we'll bear that in mind.

As for the parachutes, it sounds like a similar issue in one of the single player missions where you had to drive a bike into a moving plane on the abandoned airport. At low FPS, the plane would actually move really fast at a rate which was impossible to reach the plane at.

Hello,

In my normal GTA:SA I have the framelimiter enabled, because if it is disabled I get 60-110 FPS, which makes me swim very slowly. The regular swimming speed is normal by 25 FPS, so this will make me swim 2-4 times slower. Unfortunately MTA disables the limiter automaticly, and there isn't an option to turn the limiter back on.

A different GTA issue is, that people with high FPS's can descent slower while parachuting, and so reach higher places (we actually tested this on SA:MP), so my suggestion is to force the FPS limiter to 25 (GTA default) or maybe a bit higher, 30-35.

hmm, it is on by default for me, and it should be, because it gives unfair advantage if its off

Please don't limit it for everybody.

I personally think that it sucks with an fps below 40. It lags like shit. People with sucky pc's must admit the fact that they have a sucky pc or buy a new one. They shouldn't complain about others have an advantage just because they pc can't run GTA SA properly.

Actually, AcidDK, I'm saying that if your PC performs pretty well, your swimming isn't as good as it is supposed to be. I had a hardware upgrade last month, my old GFX card (GeForce 5200FX) could handle swimming (and probably some more features), better than my new 8600GT. So only people with mid- to high end PC's are experiencing this problem.

- 60i (59.94 to be more precise; 60 interlaced fields = 29.976 frames) is the standard video field rate per second that has been used for NTSC television for decades, whether from a broadcast signal, rented DVD, or home camcorder.

- 50i (50 interlaced fields = 25 frames) is the standard video field rate per second for PAL and SECAM television.

This does not apply to all games: some games apply a limit on the frame rate. For example, in the Grand Theft Auto series, Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City have a standard 30 fps (Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas runs at 25 fps) and this limit can only be removed at the cost of graphical and gameplay stability.

Alright, hopefully this will be added in the DP2 :)

All other people, thanks for the replies made.

When you have the frame limiter off, things seem to be rather clear, smooth, you know, but the disadvantage about the frame limiter, is that you cant swim nearly as fast, and when you have a "Skimmer" otherwise known as the water plane, it is harder to take off with, as of with the frame limiter on, your game doesn't tend to seem less smooth anymore, but you can now swim faster and take off at a normal speed with the Skimmer.