MTA:DM and Controller?

It doesn't work. I have tried connecting my controller on and played MTA:DM, it doesn't seem to work.

Is there a way to make it work or has it not been purposely been allowed to be used on MTA:DM?

I can't really race without a controller or play without one and find it very irritating playing with the laptop keyboard.

Can this problem be solved on the new bug free, final version of MTA:DM?

Would appreciate it greatly and I guess many others will too.

Thanks,

WaqarK - KillerNo99

We are aware of this, and apologise for the inconvenience. Its something that the team plan to address as soon as possible, so yes it will almost certainly be in the final version (probably before due to demand).

In the mean time, http://www.xpadder.com can offer you a temporary solution.

One thing, i think this can be implemented faster if its only made compatible for vehicle controls - do you think this is reasonable? In other words, controllers wont work on foot.

Yea,i hope they do it in next release,i cant play gta with keyboard just with my controller it better

Hehe , I use keyboard and mouse I find it alot easier to drive that way you can move the mouse freely while driving and stuff , response time alot quicker than a analogue stick when comes to rotating , But I have nothing against people who use controllers so for you guys it will be good if there was more support which there will be soon.

NO! I can't believe that is even being considered as an option. Hell no we don't want race only for gamepad. Why can't you just have 2 sets of controls like GTA does.. one for on foot and one for in car.. a simple flag would check which control set to use.

On top of that I'd like to see

- Left Analog stick support for walking and doing the motorcycle "lean forward" thing

- Right Analog stick support for Camera rotation.. its damn near impossible on some "wild-designed" races that have lots of turns and stuff to follow when you can't move the camera angle. I constantly have to let go of the gas button to use the mouse to turn and then go back to the gamepad.

- Analog button support would be nice too. It may not be known, but the PS2 gamepad buttons are all analog and in MTA race you could slow down by letting up on the gas button a bit but still be giving it gas.

I do thank you for this mod but please don't do only half of it.... even if you can't do the analog stick support, I really can't see how it could be that hard to have a simple flag to tell you what control state you are in for having both in-car and on-foot controls. I have been unable to find a good balance with xpadder.

I don't see anything wrong with the creation of MTA:DM V1 and V2.

It's better if new versions come out sorting out the bugs. After all you can only tell the bugs with different people.

I noticed bugs which others may not have noticed. It's a great choice for us to discuss the bug's and get them fixed in the next version up.

Well done MTA crew. I kind off see where the delayment of MTA:DM came from now. :P

As for the controller with just for racing, I think it's fine. You can't really play properly with full controls on foot. All conrolls can't fit on my Pad. I do agree with the fact that there should be an option IF POSSIBLE for people who wish to use their controller on foot and in race mode aswell. I find keyboard useful for DeathMtach on foot but some MAY prefer controller. :)

Anyway, great to hear people can't live without JoyPads aswell as me. :P

You can't really play properly with full controls on foot. All conrolls can't fit on my Pad.

The way I see it, it is a game that was designed to be played on a PS2.. i have my PS2-to-PC converter. with GTA: SA, MTA: Race and SAMP i use my PS2 controller the same way across the board. MTA: DM is the only one that is doing it different. And I'm sure they have their reasons.... but I hope they at least try to mimic the controls properly.

There is some concern about the R1 auto-aim vs Mouse Aiming... I don't really have a proper solution for that but as long as the option to use the gamepad is there, people who complain have the option to even the playing field by switching to gamepad... as that's what the original game was designed around.

You can't really play properly with full controls on foot. All conrolls can't fit on my Pad.

The way I see it, it is a game that was designed to be played on a PS2.. i have my PS2-to-PC converter. with GTA: SA, MTA: Race and SAMP i use my PS2 controller the same way across the board. MTA: DM is the only one that is doing it different. And I'm sure they have their reasons.... but I hope they at least try to mimic the controls properly.

There is some concern about the R1 auto-aim vs Mouse Aiming... I don't really have a proper solution for that but as long as the option to use the gamepad is there, people who complain have the option to even the playing field by switching to gamepad... as that's what the original game was designed around.

Yeh, I use PS2 Control pad using a USB port connector but the same issue with the left and right thumbstick aiming. Don't think that can be sorted.

Been playing for about 2 weeks now. I got a gamepad setup for race mode using xpadder... but I can't take it anymore. I didn't know how much i relied on the analog sticks for movement and camera and its damn near impossible to play on rooftop jump style maps without the right analog stick.

Also, when mapping "S" to the reverse button on gamepads it tends to toggle.. so you have to hit it twice to get out of reverse.. and sometimes on some creative maps that just kills you cuz you get stuck in this half forward/half reverse toggle.

I'm going to try to set my mouse up for driving, and use my left hand on the gamepad for steering.

Perhaps

LMB = Gas (W)

RMB = Brake/Reverse (S)

MMB = Nitro

MB4 = Enter/Exit vehicle

MB5 = Bunny hop

I dunno... I really can't understand the point of even creating your own controller setup to begin with. The mouse control is still set within the main game.. so if you have Joystick set up as your main controller in GTA: SA then you can't look with the mouse until you go back to main game and change to "mouse and kb". So there are obviously still ties to the main controller config. Just leave it at that.

i see you listed your planning to implement it very soon...

set it up like it is in single player, with the separate on foot and in car

plus add the use of analog buttons if it is possible (ps2 and xbox controllers modded for use on pc)

this really helps prevent locking the brakes in cars without abs and taming high powered rwd cars to maintain better control

being able to use a second axis for cameras would be nice, right now i have my right joystick set as buttons wich makes it very non analog

i use my xbox controller driving and ON FOOT for singleplayer (set up identical to xbox controls) plus i can still use a few keyboard controls on the side at the same time for multiplayer

once in a while i use a ps2 racing wheel for all out racing

ps, who can seriously fly a helicopter properly on keyboard anyways?

i see you listed your planning to implement it very soon...

set it up like it is in single player, with the separate on foot and in car

plus add the use of analog buttons if it is possible (ps2 and xbox controllers modded for use on pc)

this really helps prevent locking the brakes in cars without abs and taming high powered rwd cars to maintain better control

being able to use a second axis for cameras would be nice, right now i have my right joystick set as buttons wich makes it very non analog

i use my xbox controller driving and ON FOOT for singleplayer (set up identical to xbox controls) plus i can still use a few keyboard controls on the side at the same time for multiplayer

once in a while i use a ps2 racing wheel for all out racing

ps, who can seriously fly a helicopter properly on keyboard anyways?

AMEN BROTHER!

Yeh, I use PS2 Control pad using a USB port connector but the same issue with the left and right thumbstick aiming. Don't think that can be sorted.

i got another different gamepad but if PS2 controller works with xpadder why mine controller gets no rilevation by Xpadder

software ? :?:

i have xp service pack 2

• 4 weeks later...

Availability ALL THE WAY for joystick camera movements!

It can't be that hard if the creator is good... the original game (including PC) is capable on using both joysticks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing my original gta san an and i have mapped all the controlls to work exactly as if it was on the ps2.

I have a playstation 3 controller which uses usb. gta san an supports the auto aiming just as the ps2 has it.

I had no problems with the game and easily mapped my keys.

In Multi Theft Auto, there was a different story. Can you guys please review how it is set up in grand theft auto and

try to mirror that? it has worked great for me using both on foot and vehicle controls.

Thanks.

I have been playing my original gta san an and i have mapped all the controlls to work exactly as if it was on the ps2.

I have a playstation 3 controller which uses usb. gta san an supports the auto aiming just as the ps2 has it.

I had no problems with the game and easily mapped my keys.

In Multi Theft Auto, there was a different story. Can you guys please review how it is set up in grand theft auto and

try to mirror that? it has worked great for me using both on foot and vehicle controls.

Thanks.

I think people here refer to a program called xpadder or something. I bought a PS2 style Logitech wireless controller, which came with it's own software, so I don't know what everyone else uses.

Overall, you need to mount a specific key an action (shooting, aiming, accellerating, etc...) and then you need to use the software to convert that push of a key to a push of a button.... like setting "W" for move forward, you then have to set your left y-axis being pushed away from you to "W" on the keyboard, so when you push your joystick forward, it'll trigger "W", which will then trigger you to move forward.

• 3 months later...

I think you can force MTA to use the controller :)

in singleplayer the addresses for this are:

0xBA6818 - Controller Configuration [byte] values:

* 0 = Mouse+Keys

* 1 = Joypad

0xB6EC2E - REAL aiming mode offset, not menu.

* 0 = joypad

* 1 = mouse + keys

Set both of those adresses to the value of joypad and it should use joypad :)

I didnt test it because I dont have a joypad, so use something like cheatengine or TSearch to set those values.

• 2 weeks later...
We are aware of this, and apologise for the inconvenience. Its something that the team plan to address as soon as possible, so yes it will almost certainly be in the final version (probably before due to demand).

In the mean time, http://www.xpadder.com can offer you a temporary solution.

One thing, i think this can be implemented faster if its only made compatible for vehicle controls - do you think this is reasonable? In other words, controllers wont work on foot.

Agreed, completely. Imagine autoaim in DM? That's as bad as any other cheat.