Sync

Guest Dubsnthings

Hi, this is Dubsnthings here, and first I would like to just say thank you for taking so much time and effort into making this San Andreas into this great online game it has become. Why I am making this topic ((and if its not in the right section please move it im sorry..)) is because I noticed in some assault or free roam type servers where your just on foot like in Los Santos and you can shoot people they only mostly die when you blow up the car or some other way but its hard to kill them directly with a gun while on foot, if your ping is like higher than 150 in the server for me. Is this just server settings or something or can the gun/shooting sync be more improved a little in new release? Its probably just my internet but im not sure. But thank you for reading, and thanks for making such an awesome online game. :)

There has been small talk about the shooting not being as precise as it could be, I’d point that out to you. Also, as mentioned above it would be more adequate to play on a server which has lower ping for yourself.

Well yes it is very accurate as long as im in a server with a very low ping such as 60. But if its anything over or around 150 its very hard to kill someone while on foot and they are on foot also, with a gun. Im just saying this because in sa-mp I commonly played in a server with a ping around 200 and I could kill people with guns on foot. But everything else is of very good quality sync. Just want to be able to explore other dm or rp servers that might be good game modes and not be limited to a few with the low ping.

Well for me this is happening, When i aim at a player he just stays there and i shoot like 10 bullets ( Shutgun ) Then in a minute he jsut moves to some where else without his legs moving ( So baciaclly for me it lags ) Or the bullets arent synch really good :cry: My ping is mostly around ( 15-60 ) My internet is fast

The Sync is good most of the time. But I did found some cases when my char was completely out of sync with the server. I use to play MTA using TS with a friend so we can easily talk. In those desync cases althought we both had a ping <150 when i tried to shoot him he saw my char shooting somewhere else and he didn't loose Heatlh. The desync still happens if he is the one trying to shoot me. I dunno if it is a server problem or something but that's the most likely cause.

This happened on DVP1

The Sync is good most of the time. But I did found some cases when my char was completely out of sync with the server. I use to play MTA using TS with a friend so we can easily talk. In those desync cases althought we both had a ping <150 when i tried to shoot him he saw my char shooting somewhere else and he didn't loose Heatlh. The desync still happens if he is the one trying to shoot me. I dunno if it is a server problem or something but that's the most likely cause.

This happened on DVP1

Well, DP2 has fixed alot of sync issues, both on foot and in car. Try it out, and see if it's still the case ;)

Cloudy

This happened on DVP1

Well, DP2 has fixed alot of sync issues, both on foot and in car. Try it out, and see if it's still the case ;)

Cloudy

I havent got much sync issues, just usual. I think its not MTA itself causing it.

I find weapon sync to be so-so.

I was on a capture the vehicle server for instance, my ping was 40ish, there was an enemy guy shooting us at our base (his ping was 60ish)... i tried to shoot him back, including when i crept up behind him and fired 5 or 6 rifle shots into his head/torso at close range without him moving --- nothing happened, then he turned round and killed me in a few shots.

Im pretty sure he wasnt cheating as someone else came along and took him out seconds later... it kind feels like SAMP sometimes.

I find weapon sync to be so-so.

I was on a capture the vehicle server for instance, my ping was 40ish, there was an enemy guy shooting us at our base (his ping was 60ish)... i tried to shoot him back, including when i crept up behind him and fired 5 or 6 rifle shots into his head/torso at close range without him moving --- nothing happened, then he turned round and killed me in a few shots.

Im pretty sure he wasnt cheating as someone else came along and took him out seconds later... it kind feels like SAMP sometimes.

shooting behind someone has its bugs, i can't remember why but you don't always shoot where you think you are shooting on their game

It still happens in DP2 :(

The last time me and my friend have expirence such desync was playing capture the vehicle, we lost our car so we decided to go a 1v1 match using Bat only... No matter how hard I hitted him he didn't lose hp and kept saying something like "lOl!? where are u aiming dude?!" It only happens sometimes though and usually a while after we joined the server.