Hosting a LAN server

Argon

Hi,

I would like to develop a gamemode, the easiest way for me is to host on my pc where i script the server and so easy update al scripts and alter them. And on an other pc I test it direct. But the problem is the PC next to me won't connect to the server -_- when i trie to join via quick connect to my ip adress in the network it gives a connection timed oud. Does someone can tell me what the problem could be?

• 3 weeks later...

i'm also intrested in hosting a lan server

i tried by clicking quick connect and then enter your local ip (like 192.168.0.xxx and the port). it worked

but i was wondering about the "local.conf" which is in the same dir like "mtaserver.conf" and which nearly has the same content. what is this file for and how to use it?

i'm also intrested in hosting a lan server

i tried by clicking quick connect and then enter your local ip (like 192.168.0.xxx and the port). it worked

but i was wondering about the "local.conf" which is in the same dir like "mtaserver.conf" and which nearly has the same content. what is this file for and how to use it?

that is true

click quick connect and enter the pc ip designed by the router (like 192.168.0.xxx and the port) :)

PD: i say the same :lol:

• 2 weeks later...