Many Suggestions for the final release!

Hi all.

I'm very happy that MTA: Dm ( Beta) Is released, nog we can finally play it. But there are allot of bugs and glitches etc.. I'm going to show you a few of those bugs. There are more, but if I wanna post them al i'm bizzy till next week xD. Every bug I post here I will give you some suggestions and tell how it maybe can be better. So if you guys who read this topic are with me, Quote this post and write after al the suggestion if you are whit me or not. :)

First bugs in the race part. ( I wil post screen to make it more easier to understand, I can't speak very good english :$)

(Screen 1: ) [the numbers in the screen are the same as below here]

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/2245 ... 082ql1.png

1 - : That letteryp, I think it's ugly, i prefer the old ( from Race )

2 - : This is very weird.. When I die in a race and respawm, I am drive a wrecked car, and the sound of the car is gone, the engine etc, you can't hear them! I don't like that :P

3 - : I think the SpeedOmeter and DamageOmeter are to large, they cover over almost the whole upperleft corner. Again, I prefer the old from race! much better.

4 - : This is again that lag problem.. I don't know how to explain it because it's very weird. That guy on the screen was driving forwarts! But on the screen it look like he was driving backwarts. There are allot more of those problems but i can't show it you on a screen. After a few seconds from the start of a race that bug will apair ( well on my screen though) the car looks like it's driving forwart but even when it goes to the left, right up and down. the car just stay in the same position. It's much less fun to race with cars like that i think.

5 - : That bar with you're possition and the checkpoint you are is to big for those number i think.. I think it could be better to make the numbers bigger or make that purple blue thing smaller, and the letteryp is (again) ugly. I prefer the old from race again.. It has a much better overview, and the lettertyp is very nice i think :)

(Screen 2:)

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4707 ... 203bp4.png

1 - : Those letters are much too large. They stand concerning each other. It's very ugly and it cover almost the whole left side of the screen. I think they must be smaller in the next release.

2 - : This is very enoing, 8/10 times it pops on the screen.. and again the latters are to large. I think it's better to put that message above the time-meter and speedOmeter etc. (and allot smaller)

3 - : That blue thing in MTA race is gone, why isn't is gone in DM? It saves allot of space to but other messages there or something. And it not very pretty i think :P.

4 - : Really wierd.. I think it's that laggy problem again. he was driving in the ski, and i don't think he's a hacker. He slowely get higher and higher..

(Screen 3:)

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/6473 ... 114qm4.png

1 - : This is also complete anoing. When I want to say something the one who finished first blocking my typing space. I can't see what i was typing.. And agáín the letters are to big! :P

2 - : Time's up... Don't like that either.. why not let others finish the race? It's one of the most anoing things in the race part ( After the long black screens and the freezes and all that stuff)

3 - : Why is that standing there? :P It's not in that blue thing and it's ugly :).

(Screen 4:)

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9404 ... 126lb1.png

1 - : !!! This is one of the most enoing things in the race part. Everytime after a race this black screen apair.. And sometimes it take over 2 minutes before the next race is loaded.. Why not the same as MTA Race? That was much better! And sometimes the game freezes for 10 seconds or something, really enoing.

2 - : Why isn't the vote screen on the left, same as in MTA race? I don't get the point of that. I prefer the left side of the screen :). ( And the lettertyp is ugly)

( No screen:)

1: The counter that apairs a race is going to start ( 3,2,1 GO ) Is to big and i think it's ugly. I prefer the old from race but then a nicer lettertyp if possible :).

Last thing... The Framelimiter it MUST be on realy! Some people who have got a slower Pc then other get like 20 frames or something. And people with a 8800 series card ( like me old GTS ) are getting over 50. When a race start i past almost everyone in 2 seconds.. It's not fair i think.. And it cause Alot of desync. ( I think it's the problem of that lag problem to )

( It think alot of people are with me with the framelimiter?) At least activate the framelimiter in the race part of MTA DM. It will be much more fun.

I think the best is: Take MTA Race, fix the lagg and desync, and copie it to MTA DM!

There are much more bugs and things that aren't working well, but i think other player will post that :) cuz im going to play now :D .

I hope that the admins will read this topic and will take it with them in the next release or someting :)

Athough, the MTA Team did exelent work on this mod, we know how hard it is to work on something you dont getting payed ( pied) for xD.

Gongratz :) !

It isn't as simple as copying it over, that's just out of the question.. Anyway, remember that this is the first preview, I suspect almost all the bugs you've shown are already fixed by now. And remember, there are good sides to using a race gamemode on deathmatch too, such as added scripts and resources to make races even more exciting.

I AGREE WITH IT ALL 100%

goodjob, ALL of it!

Esp about the black screen and the blue and the framethingy, (should be about 30-35 instead)

i really hope they spend more time fixing this than the time they spent making the race mode which was only a few days before release ;s!

:D

thanks guys ~

tbh, most of your problems are caused by you running on a really dumb resoloution...

choose a resolution higher than 800x600, or get a better PC.

Race looks fine here, the GUI looks fine too, and i dont have any problems with the way its layed out.

Well, not all people have super graphics cards. The next race release will adjust its user interface for smaller resolutions (smaller text/health bars/countdown etc). The black screen is also gone.

The look of the bars and countdown won't be changed though. If you like primitive looking bars so much, just go back MTA:Race.

tbh, most of your problems are caused by you running on a really dumb resoloution...

Race looks fine here, the GUI looks fine too, and i dont have any problems with the way its layed out.

Dumb resolution? 800x600 is a good resolution.... And i've an 8800gts 320 so i dont think i need a better system ;).

I run widowed you know, and with 16xQ AA SS you dont see the differents to a higher reso.

And know someone who ran at 1680x **** ( dont know exactly) and has got the same problem. So.....

Ah, AlienX, congratulations. You have won the "Worst. Attitude. Ever." award.

The game should look decent at all resolutions. The developers may wish to consider some sort of solution that would allow for that. Granted, there's various nitpicking in this post that's really just subjective, but still.

P.S. Saying it looks fine for you is like saying "I broke my arm" and having you reply "mine is working fine, so I don't believe you."

altho Alienx said it in a way that was a bit cold. He's kinda right.... do you expect webmaster to makes sites in 800x600? i don't think so. It's pretty much the same for the games. If you can't even run the game in 1024x768... well ... that's a damn old pc you got there. My pc has what... 3 or 4 years old.... and i run the game in 1680x1050. At least upgrade your video card and Monitor.

And if the team decides to have a better support for lower resolutions... well good for you... else.... well...sorry?

and btw... suggestions...go in the suggestions forum... =)

later

Kemeros

Btw, some of the size problems are easy to solve if you edit the map files. And also mta has been made for playing with higher resolution than 800x600.

etc. i play with 1280x1024 and its all just fine. If you got a bit older computer, try to raise resolution and to lower your object quality and draw distance. It will help you a little :P

Btw, some of the size problems are easy to solve if you edit the map files.

What... the... ?

This is about the graphical interface: the health bar, speed bar etc. Those have nothing to do with map files.

And also mta has been made for playing with higher resolution than 800x600.

No it hasn't. It's very usable on 800x600.

Anyway, the discussion about the race GUI being too large is now void as it now adjusts to the screen resolution.