Appokalypsis, a roleplaying server.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, this is what i've been looking for. I've seen "RPG's" and honest to god, i dont fancy spending months driving a taxi just so that i save enough money to buy a property....which i later sell anyway.

This really sounds like an interesting project, and though i dont think i'll commit myself to it, i'd be interested in doing specific tasks. I prefer to work this way: the specific gadgets in the "Stealth" gamemode such as goggles, spycamera were written by me. If this is the style you're going to take, id be happy to contribute.

I just hope this is heading in the right direction - dont overdo it with the storyline. You have to bear in mind that there are some things MTA just cant do. I've yet to see any proper scripting roadmap or a proper project guidelines page. You have a story line, and a fancy picture about how GUI will look, but not any suggestions for the system, how its going to be implemented or what targets are. Take it from me, you have to spend twice as long planning this collaboratively as you do scripting. If you choose to make up things as you go along with a project like this, it becomes a complete mess of random scripts that dont piece together.

This is definitely interesting to me, although I am already part of an RP community, and currently can't play online games regularly. But maybe when I get the internet at home, hopefully in the near future, I can be part of this community as well since the theme of RP sounds amazing :D

Damn, you guys dissed vbulletin for phpbb? That really discredits you guys on how knowledgeable you guys are, whenever i see a phpbb forum, i think of webmaster newbs. If you cannot setup a vbulletin forum properly which is cake as im a master at it (http://www.ndgclan.com is a vb site i made for my clan), then how should we trust you on good scripting of the server? Sure, it shouldn't matter what forum software you use, but for most control out of any forum, phpbb does not have that as much as vbulletin, though you will find newbs who think so.

Well it is your guyses project, but very unwise to go with a open source forum, which has many exploits over something like vbulletin which is extremely tight in security and easier to mod. But then, this site is phpbb, and it does work, but not at full proficiency.

Damn, you guys dissed vbulletin for phpbb? That really discredits you guys on how knowledgeable you guys are, whenever i see a phpbb forum, i think of webmaster newbs. If you cannot setup a vbulletin forum properly which is cake as im a master at it (http://www.ndgclan.com is a vb site i made for my clan), then how should we trust you on good scripting of the server? Sure, it shouldn't matter what forum software you use, but for most control out of any forum, phpbb does not have that as much as vbulletin, though you will find newbs who think so.

Well it is your guyses project, but very unwise to go with a open source forum, which has many exploits over something like vbulletin which is extremely tight in security and easier to mod. But then, this site is phpbb, and it does work, but not at full proficiency.

Apologies for double-posting, but I'm really quite surprised over this response.

First of all: I don't care how good you are at setting up a vBulletin forum, for it is no use to us.

Secondly:

f you cannot setup a vbulletin forum properly then how should we trust you on good scripting of the server?
This is a horrible thing to say, and I'm on the edge of being disgusted by it. Claiming that we, because of our FORUM, are incapable of delivering a proper script is ridiculous! Our scripter is not the typical 13-year old who's trying to learn Lua. No, our scripter has years of experience with various other scripting languages; including complex ones.

If you, as a third person, fail to respect our means and ways then you have no place within this thread or at our forums. You lack insider information, you lack insight in our development and you certainly lack the intelligence required to think "Oh, maybe vBulletin was too expensive?" No, you simply thought "Oh, it's vBullet- What, phpBB?! Flarbing retards! I'm going to claim that their scripter is incompetent and not capable of delivering the goods!".

Shame on Thee.

Apologies for double-posting, but I'm really quite surprised over this response.

First of all: I don't care how good you are at setting up a vBulletin forum, for it is no use to us.

Secondly:

f you cannot setup a vbulletin forum properly then how should we trust you on good scripting of the server?
This is a horrible thing to say, and I'm on the edge of being disgusted by it. Claiming that we, because of our FORUM, are incapable of delivering a proper script is ridiculous! Our scripter is not the typical 13-year old who's trying to learn Lua. No, our scripter has years of experience with various other scripting languages; including complex ones.

If you, as a third person, fail to respect our means and ways then you have no place within this thread or at our forums. You lack insider information, you lack insight in our development and you certainly lack the intelligence required to think "Oh, maybe vBulletin was too expensive?" No, you simply thought "Oh, it's vBullet- What, phpBB?! Flarbing retards! I'm going to claim that their scripter is incompetent and not capable of delivering the goods!".

Shame on Thee.

OMG i am the typical 13-year old! :shock:

oh i remember...

i have 12 years old :lol:

i like argonath rpg :)

Secondly:

Shame on Thee.

OMG i am the typical 13-year old! :shock:

oh i remember...

i have 12 years old :lol:

i like argonath rpg :)

Oh, God. I'm 12 years old and I write better than you.

and guess what. I am an Israeli.

So.... I know a bit Pawno (SA-MP).

and HTML. I can learn Lua and i will know to do some cool things in a month.

I quite like the idea of this RP Server. It is nice to see people want to write complicated game modes with the scripting system we wrote, that was one of the aims of it!

As Talidan said though, just having a storyline isn't going to be enough for you to pull this off. As far as I can tell, the resources you write for this will need to be well planned out before you even start writing them, or you'll end up rewriting things all the time and it'll end up a big mess! That being said, I haven't looked at your forum yet (I'm at work) so you may already have a lot of this underway already ;)

I think I would like to try this out sometime, however I do not have a lot of time, and any spare time I do get usually goes into coding some MTA (which has been very little of late as I've been working 50+ hours a week!). But I will definately keep an eye on this as I think its a very interesting idea :)

If you do need any advice on writing any of your resources though, I would be happy to answer any technical questions you might have.

Good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

IMPORTANT NOTICE

After an unlucky chain of unlucky events and other shit we've finally come close to release!

It is therefore to my great pleasure to welcome all players to Appokalypsis; THIS FRIDAY at 20:00 GMT!

Please register and apply ASAP on our forums at http://www.appokalypsis.com

If you already have registered but can't log-in; the password is "changeme" (minus the brackets).

Thank you for you patience

- The Appokalypsis team.

• 2 weeks later...