Windows Server Errors / Black client screen

Guest nsstrunks

Tried to get a server up and running on windows, however, almost instantly ran into troubles using a windows machine.

When I first start the server, I get this error:

[15:52:13] ERROR: ...ods/deathmatch/resourcecache/mapcycler/mapcycler.lua:11: attempt to concatenate upvalue 'cycleMode' (a boolean value) 

And if I type /votemode I get:

[16:00:24] ERROR: ...tch/resourcecache/votemanager/votemanager_server.lua:380: bad argument #1 to 'upper' (string expected, got boolean) 

With linux, I get an additional error:

[17:15:28] ERROR: Couldn't find meta.xml file for resource '..' 
[17:15:28] Loading of resource '..' failed 
[17:15:28] ERROR: Couldn't find meta.xml file for resource '.' 
[17:15:28] Loading of resource '.' failed 

I've tried changing settings and reloading/refreshing the resources, but still no luck yet.

Even if I try to start a gamemode or a map through the console/admin panel, it doesn't work.

I cant find settings.xml anywhere. I get the error: ERROR: Could not parse 'settings.xml' file (Invalid file). Starting with an empty settings registry.

And if i try to enter my server, i get the blackscreen after its loaded.

Also get this problem:

WARNING: admin_ACL.lua: Access denied @ 'aclGroupAddACL' - Line: 26

I readed the wiki for installing server/setup, but i dont understand that problem now.

I think many more people have this problem, an fix would be welcome :D

Btw, great mod. It feels very polished/professional. The mta team should work for rockstar :wink:

settings file is not necessary to load server either in windows or linux

for "WARNING: admin_ACL.lua: Access denied @ 'aclGroupAddACL' - Line: 26" you should search forum, there are some solutions, tried /login nick password ingame chat?

it just fades black, you need to start a map, like with /votemap [mapname/mode], or define it in server.cfg

settings file is not necessary to load server either in windows or linux

for "WARNING: admin_ACL.lua: Access denied @ 'aclGroupAddACL' - Line: 26" you should search forum, there are some solutions, tried /login nick password ingame chat?

it just fades black, you need to start a map, like with /votemap [mapname/mode], or define it in server.cfg

That message/warning is nothing!

Its just unfixed bug.

That doesnt mean nothing.

I am running my own server locally too and found starting a gamemode weird :S

I always have to do 'votemode' in the console and then choose 1, then it works alright.

But is is the way it's supposed to be or is there an easier way to start a mode on your server?

(I ask because in MTA:Race it randomly picks maps for you and in sa-mp you specify the mode rotation in the config and it starts up automatically)