[Fixed]Look with mouse

Guest jim2006193

I have this often, when I start MTA I can use the mouse to select a server etc, but then in the game I can't use the mouse anymore to look around.

I usually helps to just restart MTA, but sometimes you have to do that two or three times, and that's quite annoying.

was having the same problem, since mta doesnt use the same Settings from the SP its a lil pooped i havent tried to see if it works since last night but i will report back and see if it works since everyone else says it comes in after a few restarts of the game

Hey, im an XP user, and i have had the mouse issue in MTA Race and MTA DM, i have noticed it only seems to affect me when i have a USB mouse.

there is only one solution i have found other than buying a PS2 Mouse, and that is i keep my mouse moving constantly in all loading screens, not allowing it to stop, and once im in game, it works fine.

im using XP Pro, and yea im using the ps2 mouse and yea no worky, all the settings are put in right in the mta control settings just dont work, the left and right clicks work perfect but the Look around is what doesnt, i also tried changing it to keyboard with numpad up/down/left/right and same thing no worky, i also tired it with a gamepad and used the prog you guys have the FAQs in the wiki and same thing those controls seem to not respond at all

Maybe just try to deinstall the mouse drivers to check if the problem disapperars with the standart-windows drivers. (if you have razer-software installed for an example) If you dont want to use the PS2-port, this could be a solution for you.

I recognized it in many games: With the standart-drivers the mouse-movement is smoother. Special software offers more features, but it seem to me it is not working perfectly with every game.

Mh, I have the same troubles but had them in mta race too, but not that often.

What else is not working, are the two side buttons of my Logitech 518MX. I cannot put a binding on them, though they are working fine due to the GTA:SA configuration. :roll:

I'm using Vista (yes, I know, I'm :crazy: ).

It does indeed work after restarting the game a few times.

Maybe it hasn't got anything to do with this, but when I installed MTA, I had to go in single player first do sturn on the HUD text with money and health etc. on again because it had been turned off for some reason after the installation.

Ok... i have tried a few things and this is really wierd. I am using a laptop and an usb mouse. I started MTA and i got the "Can't look with mouse" bug. I activated my touchpad and unplugged the USB mouse... VOILA! It works! I can do the "look" with the touchpad. Then I reconnected the mouse and the game got screwed.. my char kept running to the right without stop, keyboard stops responding and neither the touchpad nor the mouse work :P Anyway I just thought this info might prove usefull to a fix... (maybe it wont 8) )

I have the same problem with XP and a USB mouse: when I launch MTA, in the main menu and server browser the mouse works, but ingame the mouse dosn't react to anything.

For me the following quick fix works:

Press the windows key when in game, then press ESC and then press the left mouse button. (I think this makes sure that GTA is the focused window). This always works for me.

mvol

I have discovered a method that works for me. My mouse is a logitec gaming mouse that came with ASUS G1S Laptop and it uses a small program called "logitec mouse and keyboard" which allows the user to control the mouse sensitivity ingame (using 2 buttons in the mouse). If i deactivate the program before lauching MTA the mouse works ingame (in deactivate it should read "close" xD). I cannot 100% guarantee that this solves the problem, it might have been just luck that the problem didn't occur. Anyway if any of u guys has a mouse that uses a similar system try this and tell me if it worked for you.

Yeah, I've had this problem with MTA:VC and (insert that other SA mod we don't discuss here). I didn't have to restart the whole thing though. I just had to pause and unpause until it worked. I've had the problem since I gotten a new computer(had XP at the time), which has a logitech wireless mouse. But in MTA:SA you can't techinally pause and unpause. Which causes me to have to restart.

So i'm not the only one and it's been happening since Vice City for me. I've since then have got a new microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse. It does the same thing. Oh well...