option to disable motion blur?

Guest brains

the motion blur that happens when you're traveling at speed kills my framerate, and it looks like crap. can we get an option to disable it through mta?

or does anyone know a way to disable it already? thanks.

what option is it under? i've never seen one for motion blur?

ahh wait, that blur? I thought you meant something else, it can only be disabled through scripting using a serverside function called setPlayerBlurLevel

you could ask the admin of the server to make a special command that toggles it on and off :o

is there any similar client side command that i can use to keep it forced off?

and if not, can i request for one?

even if it was clientside you still would have to upload it to the server, because you can't load your own scripts (for security reasons)

no i'm not looking for a script, just a client console command to disable the motion blur.

in order to have a command like that you need a script :P

you could try this, ask the admin to start 'runcode' then type /run setPlayerBlurLevel ( getPlayerFromNick ( "brains" ), 0 )

We dont support the use of 3rd Party Modifications, and it will break the EULA. It gives some players an unintended unfair advantage, which is why it is controlled by script rather than a console command.

Such modifications will be blocked by the anticheat in future, and could result in a global ban from MTA - so use at your own risk.

We dont support the use of 3rd Party Modifications, and it will break the EULA. It gives some players an unintended unfair advantage, which is why it is controlled by script rather than a console command.

Such modifications will be blocked by the anticheat in future, and could result in a global ban from MTA - so use at your own risk.

bit of an offtopic question, but are there like global mods who can ban you from whole MTA?

the only advantage of this tool is you can see better and if your fps are low it will help it does not make you faster if your getting full fps. the motion blur should be removed anyway..

i agree that it should be removed. it is rather annoying than usefull anyway. Maybe an idea to add in the next MTA version?

which is why i was looking for a console command rather than some trainer. the problem is it gives me an unfair disadvantage because the blur gives me very poor performance. there are know issues with ati cards and gta, and i was just wondering if we could turn off purely aesthetical features like motion blur or the heat waves from the client instead of hoping the server has it disabled (99% don't).