the tuck in roll you can do in MTA...

is there a way i can get this effect for my single player missions? ive posted to the gtaforums site, but never even got a reply. i love this effect. i have played multimod, but that is truly like an "ejector seat", and its stupid. the tuck and roll effect MTA has is what i need..

can anyone help me find this?

*sigh*... warlord... stop flaming him.

he made a nice request (does anyone know where a jump-out-of-car mod is?) no need to flame him, even if he did say something about MTA is bad :P (I'm still kinda wondering wether that 'ejector seat' in MTA is a bug... sometimes I'm not able to get out of cars when they're moving.... :) )

I don't know what you mean by the tuck and roll thing, but if you mean getting out of a car while it's driving, it's really not so hard if you have any knowledge of main.scm programming. Just make a loop that stores the car you are driving, and get the coordinates from that car. Then add something like if "enter/exit vehicle" key is pressed, remove player from car and put him at the stored coordinates. If you don't like the way the player is animated, give him a new one. If you don't have any knowledge of main.scm programming, then I can't help you.

argh. i can script in c pretty well (i script for starsiege tribes 1), but dont have any idea when it comes to scripting these scm files.

what does it entail? i merely open the file in notepad and muddle through the syntax and recode it?

i have played multimod and i have seen that you cannot play mission saves saved (for example, the 100% save) with it. would that happen in this case also?

and lastly, where is the coding that the MTA team used for their tuck and roll? if i did try this myself, that would be the exact way id want it to react.

I know this may be the wrong forum and wrong everything, but is it possible to change the main.scm in ViceCity making the tear gas enabled for the pc-version of the game?

Because what I've heard it was removed from the pc version but it exists in the ps2 version, am I right?

Yes, you are right, this isn't the right forum. You should go to http://www.gtaforums.com . But I just tested it out of curiousity. I made a weapon pick up for it, and I was able to see it. (It has a blue aura) I then picked it up, and not surprisingly, was able to use it. It works like a grenade, and does little more than creating a large blanket of smoke. It didn't seem to do any damage, except to my framerate which dropped dramatically (I threw a couple of them, because I was impatient and didn't know how much smoke one of these things created). I guess that answers the question why Rockstar decided to leave them out for Vice City PC.

If Rockstar had found a way to have that many particles on screen without dropping the framerate below 10 or worse, I have no doubt they would have. It's very much like in the mission "The Job" when 'they' storm the place. I still think it a petty Rockstar did it that way. It's one of the coolest missions, but the cpu lag at the end of it is just horrible (even on decent systems), and playing in slow-mo takes the fun out if it (for me, anyways, I always leave the adrenaline pills well alone) And I refuse to lower my resolution even more. 1024 is low enough. I really didnt want to type such a long story, what I just meant to say was: That weapon will cause MAJOR lag issues.