Crashing on connect [XP] [Tried in compability mode]

Hello!

I'm windows XP user, also have tried in compability mode (95 - Doesn't support SA, 98 - Still crash, 2000 - Still crash).

It crashes on server connect, I'm a little bit dissapointed about this, because I was really waiting to play!

Connecting to one TDM, I was able to see the message "Ganton" in the tab in lower position on screen...

BTW, whats the mode You play with haysacks?

Same problem, it also crashes when turning off Dynamic Scene Rendering in the options.

Current forceware

XP Pro

Nvidia 6800 GS/XT

Fresh GTA install

Fresh MTA install

Updated motherboard drivers (MSI-7042)

Updated audio drivers (ACMEdia)

Current DirectX version

Same problem happens in some of the DXSDK samples, seems to have to do with changing rendertargets when shaders are enabled. Was able to get ingame by using pix and disabling all calls until I was ingame - re-enabling calls did show the game for a few seconds, unable to do anything - animations working, crash!

Posted the errorlog 3 times on IRC allready - got no help

I also have same problem, have tried compat. mode and without, Race Client works fine, everything else i have on here works fine, pretty fresh OS install even...

xp sp2

radeon 9800 pro 128

gigabyte k8n

athlon 64 3200 939

1gb ddr400

Okay, I solved my problem

I reinstalled my GTA and then deleted graphic card drivers and installed old ones (ones i had on my cd with graphic card) and it works!

Can anyone confirm that deleting video drivers and re-installing SA will work? ill gladly reinstall SA, but im not too excited about having to mess with video drivers, but if its neccessary, let me know

Add me to this list :P

SA-MP, single player and MTA Race all work fine. I have no mods installed. Video card drivers already are older nVidia drivers, windows XP SP2, directx 9.0c, legal version of San Andreas, with a no-dvd patch though (no idea if that matters, it's still version 1.0). Also I've disabled all video options in MTA.

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2500+ (Barton) , 1.84 GHz, 512KB

Video: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X (1440x900x32bpp 75Hz)

Sound: C-Media Wave Device

Memory: Used: 676/1792MB

Specs are kind of crappy, but it should work I guess.

If anyone can confirm graphic drivers might be the issue, please specify a driver version that works. For nVidia alone there are tons of drivers, I don't feel like trying every one of them :)

A fresh install of GTA, and later MTA as well did the trick!

First I tried to change some nVidia settings (forceware 93.71), no effect at all. Then I deleted gta_sa.set, no effect either. So a fresh install did the trick for me. I didn't use mods, so maybe it could have been the no-dvd crack, I'll try it with no-dvd crack later. First I'll go ingame for the rest of the evening :D

ok so i tried reinstalling GTA and MTA. didnt work. so i tried reinstalling ALL of my drivers, GTA, and MTA. still nothing. i got freakin pissed with trying to solve it, so i formatted my whole computer. now it works 8)

I'm not going to format my whole drives, for sure. I'll just give up. No mod like MTA is worth it at the moment,...

I am really dissapointed,... Guys, where to get the MTA SA: RACE with map editor!

have fun on the forums while i play MTA :P

I am also having the crash after loading into a server

I have already tried

completely uninstalling and reinstalling GTA + MTA (GTA and RACE work)

already deleted and installed new video drivers

updated windows

tried compatibility mode and without

Edited by Guest