About race mod

Hi all.

I have few questions/suggestions about MTADM's racemod:

- Whats with spectator mode and mainly race mode? In MTA Race it was much more synchronized...

- Does frame limiter permanently off? Can u turn it on for race mod?

- Why i cant put my choise in voting by numpad? (it works for me only with upper digits at keyboard)

- What about race stats? I mean both server stats (like Scooby's PRS) and website stats (Like MTADM Official servers with DM)

- Old pickup icons better IMHO

- About MTA Race maps: Does it works with MTA DM?

I like new interface and ingame navigation, also nice skins...

Thx MTA Team for this release, but that is a lot what u have to do more...

- Whats with spectator mode and mainly race mode? In MTA Race it was much more synchronized...

it's a bit 'glitchy' atm sometimes it spectates wrong players and sometimes it doesn't spectate at all

- Does frame limiter permanently off? Can u turn it on for race mod?

the frame limiter is on, just that it's been raised to 47 fps, I'm afraid you can't lower it through scripting functions if that's what you want

- Why i cant put my choise in voting by numpad? (it works for me only with upper digits at keyboard)

you sure you had numlock on? :P

- What about race stats? I mean both server stats (like Scooby's PRS) and website stats (Like MTADM Official servers with DM)

mIRC scripts won't work in DM, however LUA offers a whole lot more, you'll have to wait till people start making 'stat scripts' for Race

- Old pickup icons better IMHO

do you mean they worked better or they looked better? only difference I could spot is they're a little darker

yep, all the old maps are compatible with it but if you will make new maps you should use the new syntax from now on (else you won't be able to load it in the map editor for example)

don't forget that the Race gamemode in DM is relatively new, it hasn't really been tested with large amounts of players which means it still has bugs here and there, if you find any please report them :) thanks for you input

it's a bit 'glitchy' atm sometimes it spectates wrong players and sometimes it doesn't spectate at all

hmm...a bit 'glitchy'... i dont like when all of my opponents cars slides instead of make a curve...

the frame limiter is on, just that it's been raised to 47 fps, I'm afraid you can't lower it through scripting functions if that's what you want

baaaaad coz now players, who own very perfomance computers gain extraspeed.... :(

you sure you had numlock on?

hahahahha of course i do =DDD

maybe some lag(

you'll have to wait till people start making 'stat scripts' for Race

hmmm i saw at official screenies chatbox and script commands there (like !commands and !stats etc)

do you mean they worked better or they looked better? only difference I could spot is they're a little darker

i mean looked better... now icons for me are colorless (ATI X1650 - Catalyst 7.12)

don't forget that the Race gamemode in DM is relatively new, it hasn't really been tested with large amounts of players which means it still has bugs here and there, if you find any please report them

np for me coz now i should chhose what MP will be on league in new season...

as for the whole Frame limiter thing... i dont think it is locked attal, as i often have over 100FPS in game. which is good. as the 25FPS limiter was very hard on recources and was often a cause of more lag than it prevented.

don't know then, I and others seem to have the fps stuck at 47 :o

as for the whole Frame limiter thing... i dont think it is locked attal, as i often have over 100FPS in game. which is good. as the 25FPS limiter was very hard on recources and was often a cause of more lag than it prevented.

100FPS? What system do u have?))

Exmaple:

Map Find The Cock FPS=25 (MTA SA Race) Time= ~2.40

Map Find The Cock FPS=47 (MTA SA DM) Time= ~2.35

Some players doesnt have powerful PC and they get +5 secs

Some bugs i have found:

- When i got a vehicle change CP and died - i respawned on old vehicle and there wasnt vehcle changing CP.

- What means "Waiting 2 or 1 more players" before the race starts? And why when ive spawned some playes drive race yet. Another words i dont see a count.

- My opponent can drive through me oO

I for one hate the fps change in Race.

My top speed seems to "throb", as in my car seems to go normal...., fast, normal....., fast etc.

The effects of lag seems to be magnified, other cars appear to glide.

I can totally appreciate all the hard work the MTA team have done to cram so much cool stuff into DM, but in terms of Racing, it kinda fells like a step backwards :(

My top speed seems to "throb", as in my car seems to go normal...., fast, normal....., fast etc.

I can totally appreciate all the hard work the MTA team have done to cram so much cool stuff into DM, but in terms of Racing, it kinda fells like a step backwards :(

I feel exactly the same feeling. Seems like a step back. MTA:SA Race is much better in terms of race mod. :?

MTA:DM Race mode is just too bugged. Spectator mode, map voting etc.. seems to be miles worse than MTA:SA Race.

I feel exactly the same feeling. Seems like a step back. MTA:SA Race is much better in terms of race mod. :?

MTA:DM Race mode is just too bugged. Spectator mode, map voting etc.. seems to be miles worse than MTA:SA Race.

Indeed!

I Hate it. I prefer MTA race mod copied in MTA DM. And if possible fix the lag and desync, and let the other things as they were!!!!!!!!!!!! Like the black screen.... We haven't seen that in RACE.. Why in DM we do see it? And those HUGE SpeedOmeter and DamgeOmeter.. Don't get the qlue of that.. I like the old.

And realy REALY the framelimiter MUST be below 30/28 i prefer 25!

I've got an 8800GTS and when a race starts i past all my opponens. It's not fair!

And the voting thing in MTA race is MUCH, MUCHH better. In the left side of the screen. In DM is it on the lower right side, it's not very practical.

So Take the old MTA RACE, fix the lag and the desync and put it in MTA DM, i think that's the best and very easy to do i think

Greetz :)

The same opinion...

Seems like synchronization of vehicles simply copied from synhronization of men.

Coz there is a bug with "drifting vehicle" - for men theres no matter its angle - it turns smooth and synchronized. In contrast with cars/bikes etc...

EDIT

PS Change font size in race results table... (letters are overlayed)

Edited by Guest

I don't understand why the physics of race are so messed up, when the physics of any other game mode is fine..

But, I agree with those above... The DM race has issues, but I understand 100%, as this is the first release.

Something else I noticed:

Barrels seem to cause a greater drop in framerate than they used to..

Also:

yes, I have made a batch converter too that can convert as many maps as you want at once.

Posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=21075

So Take the old MTA RACE, fix the lag and the desync and put it in MTA DM, i think that's the best and very easy to do i think

it's not that easy as you may think, MTA has changed a lot since MTA:Race, it has become better, more flexible but you can't just take the old Race and put it in DM

but in terms of Racing, it kinda fells like a step backwards

1 step backward? I see it as 3 steps forward ;) it uses a better platform, bugs can get fixed faster and you can get help too!

you shouldn't look at Race in DM as a finished product (yet), MTA:Race has gone through a lot of testing that's why it's so stable, the great thing is that now you can help as well to make the gamemode better, since Race in DM is a script it's much easier to add features or to eliminate bugs, you don't have to wait ages till the team releases a patch or a new version

[TFG]Cookie: the idea is you can have your own server, with your own customized version, your own features so you can change it the way you like it, don't like the huge bars? make them smaller, you want races with drivebys? give them guns

for now report anything wrong you find, in how Race used to work, what's missing from it, if you got any suggestions or an advice post em here

EDIT: the sliding is a MTA bug, hopefully it will be fixed in the next release

1 -i like new pickups and sounds, its only been white once for me

2 - i love the new meter

3 - i dont liek drifting so it dont mind

4 - i dont like the black screen either, it should be a game screen with please wait on it.

5 - i liek the new vote system, but it does get stuck behind stuff i think. but i dont mind it too much

6 - havent noticed the lettertype...

7 - i liek the frames being high now... = faster, but some people have an advantage now tho so maybe set it at 40 imo.

1 thing i want changed is the cp and position part.

when you see

' 3/10

6/10 '

you dont know which is which, i think there should be a car icon and a checkpoint icon next to them.

ok after playing it some more i have found some bugs and have some awesome suggestions.

1) In spectate mode sometimes the people you are watching are sliding sideways, its not desynch i think, but they are liek floating sideways over the place

2)in spectator mode the < and > arrows have a line on the side of them, looks bad lol

3) dead cars float into teh air, i really dont like that. some maps are based on people exploding and falling down onto others

4)the laoding at start takes ages to load, so sometimes people get a huge headstart compared to the others, people should wait 10-15 secs for it to load.

5)pickups go white sometimes

6)things in map take too long to load, like objects made in map editor etc. it freezes and skips trying to load everythign as you come to it...

7)the race finish times overlap after 5, the font should be hal;f its size. same with the 'hurry up' icon, should be half size, same with the health bar too.

8 )is the nos infinite too? hmm

9) sometimes i spawn upside down ;o and on fire

10) sometiems im on fire and my health bar isnt empty, theres still green left... its confusing.

11) when on fire, health doesnt lower...

12) change the black screen when votemap is on, just keep it as teh stopped car, so moer stuff doesnt need to be loaded, slowing down the race... maybe thats why it takes ages for stuff to load at start too.

SUGGESTIONS

1) have driveby be an enabled option for some maps.

2) needs player died text, i would like to nkow who i killed in derbies etc

3) weapon pickups that can be added onto cars, it can turn into like a mario kart with rocket launchers, mini gun, mines, molotov launchers, spikes, springs etc. all pickups and can be done in editor.

4)press a button to show map list

5) a team map, where you can be joined with another player, 1 drives, 1 shoots/drivebyes, like ion derbies or races, its a team race. tht would rock!

those should be easy to put in i think

um thats about it so far

thanks guys :D:D

ps i like how its smooth ;) ...omg that sounded sexual..

OMG i played some of my derby maps on teh new mtarace! AND ITS RUINED!

you now go thru so many of the special objects! u dont hit them X_X, also, they no longer move, tht chicken thing stays still!

also the rocks and things no longer move, so maps where u push them into hay below is stuffed. im really getting dissapointed in race now . :(

also there needs to be an admin map panel to show the race list and something as easy as "START MAP" button, cos i cant figure out how to start a map. no commands force it >_>;.

also, teh wave mode is no longer there. theres probably more but im too scared to find them >_<

i dont know why, but the old version of race WAS 100x better and everyone would agree. i like the look of race but it just isnt race anymore. it feels like dm on wheels.

*taken from viewtopic.php?f=96&t=21054*

Thx for DP 2. Nice sync.

Check this one:

97946mtascreen0005.png

When i respawned - spectator panel didnt disappear...

And This one:

16951mtascreen0006.png

Mass spawn of cars. There was 3 or 4 players on the server.(Official race srv2)

And one more bug:

When i get vehicle change in CP from BF injection to Vortex at Bay area circuit map the latter is stoped (or freezed) for app 1 sec...

I generally think that the sync on the Race Mode has been improved by a majoriy. I played and didn't witness cars sliding sideways or anything. Thats great.

However, I noticed the spectator mode is still bugged. I get a screen with no spectator mode choice which is kind of annoying watching a black screen with letters in each corner.

Hope this can be fixed in Version 3, if there will be one. That would be superb.

Just a simple AMD AM2 X64 4600+ with 2GB kingston ram and an ATi X1950XTX.

sometimes when i start the game my framerate is locked to 47, other times its upwards of 100.

Just a simple AMD AM2 X64 4600+ with 2GB kingston ram and an ATi X1950XTX.

sometimes when i start the game my framerate is locked to 47, other times its upwards of 100.

Thats crazy lol. I wished mine would go over 25-30fps (or is is not supposed to?).

I wished mine would go over 25-30fps

Theres a FPS bug. Both MTA Race and MTA DM. (But in GTASA and SA:MP it doesnt exist)

By means of Fraps i had observed ingame FPS. In SA:MP and GTA FPS is very stable and constantly = 25.

But in MTA Race and DM FPS is quite unstable. And it strongly depend on number of players on ur screen.

So, on littlewhitey i have ~15 FPS at the race starts). Sometimes i have little freezes.

The freezes DIDNT depend on a screen resolution or graphics settings.

Maybe someone esle have this bug, and how can i solve it? (Videocard - X1650; Catalyst 7.2)